Author Topic: Spanish warship ordered ships to leave British waters near Gibraltar  (Read 442 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
World News
February 18, 2019 / 2:14 AM / Updated 30 minutes ago
Spanish warship ordered ships to leave British waters near Gibraltar

LONDON (Reuters) - A Spanish warship tried to order commercial shipping to leave anchorages in British waters near Gibraltar but was challenged by the British navy and sailed away, Gibraltar said.

The Spanish ship tried to order ships to leave their anchorages on the eastern side of the Rock but the ships stayed in position.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-spain-gibraltar/spanish-warship-ordered-ships-to-leave-british-waters-near-gibraltar-idUSKCN1Q70L6

Picture of the rock of Gibraltar at link, it does have to be called beautiful.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:08:26 am by TomSea »

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Spanish warship ordered ships to leave British waters near Gibraltar
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:16:38 am »
Picture of the rock of Gibraltar at link, it does have to be called beautiful.

@TomSea
When i was in the Navy we docked in Gibraltar once.  A couple of my friends and I followed the road up to the top past the tourist stops.  At the top of the road you’d hit a gate which is the entrance to the very small British military installation there (as I recall it was a radar/observation post).  A couple hundred feet before the gate there was a large crack in the side of the mountain.  My buddies and I, by the light of our zippos, followed that crack into the mountain maybe eighty, a hundred feet (?).  It ended with this small opening maybe 4ft by 6ft, looking down the face of the rock out over the straights towards Morocco, which we could clearly see.  It was utterly spectacular!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson