Author Topic: Heather Nauert, President Trump's choice for UN ambassador job, withdraws in surprise move  (Read 276 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Heather Nauert, President Trump's choice for UN ambassador job, withdraws in surprise move
Deirdre Shesgreen, USA TODAY   Feb. 16, 2019

WASHINGTON – Heather Nauert, President Donald Trump's pick to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, withdrew her name from consideration on Saturday amid concerns about her qualifications for the high-profile post.

Nauert, a former Fox News host who now serves as the State Department's spokesperson, cited the strain on her family in announcing her decision.

“I am grateful to President Trump and Secretary Pompeo for the trust they placed in me for considering me for the position of U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations," Nauert said in a statement. "However, the past two months have been grueling for my family and therefore it is in the best interest of my family that I withdraw my name from consideration," she said.

Read more at:    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/02/16/president-trumps-choice-u-n-ambassador-heather-nauert-withdraws-needed-high-profile-position/2894857002/

Too bad, I don't think this was posted elsewhere. So, they will have to find someone else. Who is there now at the UN? Nikki's left I'm rather sure.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:46:04 am by TomSea »