General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

Ex-FISA court chief defends DOJ, FBI for handling of Carter Page surveillance applications

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Ex-FISA court chief defends DOJ, FBI for handling of Carter Page surveillance applications
by Daniel Chaitin
 | February 17, 2019 04:13 PM

U.S. District Judge John Bates, who once led the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, defended the Justice Department and embattled intelligence community for how it handled the application process to obtain warrants to spy on onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

Bates, who was placed on the FISA court by Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts and was its presiding judge from 2009 to 2013, said he has seen no evidence lending credibility to Republican concerns that officials misled the court in obtaining a 2016 FISA warrant and three renewals.

"I will note and note with some force that I have seen nothing that indicates that the court was misled, that the Department of Justice or the intelligence community made misrepresentations to the court," Bates told Lawfare podcast co-hosts David Kris and Nates Jones, the founders of the Culper Partners consulting firm. "And not only have I seen nothing that would indicate that, I have heard nothing that persuasively makes that case."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ex-fisa-court-chief-defends-doj-fbi-for-handling-of-carter-page-surveillance-applications

Bigun:
Looks like Judge Bates is now in full CYA mode.

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 18, 2019, 02:10:06 am ---Looks like Judge Bates is now in full CYA mode.

--- End quote ---

And Baghdad Bob looks on with pride.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 18, 2019, 02:10:06 am ---Looks like Judge Bates is now in full CYA mode.

--- End quote ---

I want the SOBs dragged to GITMO and waterboarded until they tell the truth about everything they know.

From Hillary Clinton on down to Bruce Ohr's wife...and everybody in between.

Does that make me a "brownshirt"?     /S   :laugh:

truth_seeker:

--- End quote ---

That pretty well describes the entire category of "career government employees," globally in time, and in the case of the Trump attempted soft ongoing Coup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version