General Category > Politics/Government

Dershowitz: Trump's emergency declaration was a ‘mistake’

(1/15) > >>

mystery-ak:
Dershowitz: Trump's emergency declaration was a ‘mistake’
By Tal Axelrod - 02/17/19 07:01 AM EST

Attorney Alan Dershowitz said in a new interview that President Trump's decision to declare a  national emergency to build a wall along the southern border was a mistake.

“My own view is that it was a mistake to do it. I think emergencies are things that happened suddenly. The problems with immigration are long term,” he said in an interview that aired Sunday on John Catsimatidis’s radio show in New York.

“The Constitution requires that all spending bills originate in the House of Representatives. This is a way of circumventing that provision of the Constitution.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/430363-dershowitz-emergency-declaration-was-a-mistake

To-Whose-Benefit?:
Emergencies are things that "happen suddenly?"

A Nation of Kate Steinle's ALL happened "suddenly" one at a time.

They are not coming back to us, suddenly or otherwise.

aligncare:
I believe caravans formed and politically organized to challenge our borders and immigration laws are a recent phenomenon and might even fit the working definition of ‘an emergency’.

Free Vulcan:
Have to disagree here. Some are sudden and catastrophic, some build over time till they reach critical mass and get out of control.

aligncare:
So what was it when Obama declared a national emergency over a flu outbreak and no one had a word of concern?

I think our national security and sovereignty far outweigh the flu in importance as a ‘national’ emergency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version