Author Topic: Hollywood Stars Mostly Mum on Northam, Fairfax, and Omar  (Read 610 times)

rangerrebew

Hollywood Stars Mostly Mum on Northam, Fairfax, and Omar
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:44 pm »

Hollywood Stars Mostly Mum on Northam, Fairfax, and Omar
By Christian Toto | February 16, 2019 12:15 PM EST

Modern Hollywood has never been so vocal.

Talk shows. Social media. Awards stages. Marches. Rallies. Protests.

Name the venue, and a star or starlet is there, promoting a crush of causes. It’s inescapable, from climate change to “Hitler 2.0” AKA President Donald Trump.

The recent Grammy Awards, minus former First Lady Michelle Obama’s appearance, miraculously went off without a political rant. It’s the exception that proves the rule. Just wait until the Feb. 24 Oscars ceremony. The rich and famous will likely play catch up for three-plus hours.

Yet these same voices, loud and proud in our digital age, are mostly mum on three troubled politicians.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/christian-toto/2019/02/16/hollywood-stars-mostly-mum-northam-fairfax-and-omar

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Hollywood Stars Mostly Mum on Northam, Fairfax, and Omar
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:33:39 am »
 OK, Make the Oscars Pay Per View with a 3 Star Table doing running commentary.

Vince Vaughan, Mel Gibson, and James Woods.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:34:46 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 12:05:09 pm »
But I'll bet they all had a lot to say about the alleged racist/homophobic attack on Justin Smollett.  Now that it looks like the supposed attack was a hoax, will we hear from any of them, apologizing for jumping to conclusions before the whole story was known? 

Nah.  Won't hold my breath waiting.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 03:02:34 pm »
But I'll bet they all had a lot to say about the alleged racist/homophobic attack on Justin Smollett.  Now that it looks like the supposed attack was a hoax, will we hear from any of them, apologizing for jumping to conclusions before the whole story was known? 

Nah.  Won't hold my breath waiting.
Well, it could have been true. Because  blacks and black homosexuals by the hundreds are being assaulted every day by nasty, evil Trump supporters.
At least that's the type of  comments I've been reading on some liberal boards.
To be fair, it appears a number of libs have condemned Smollett, but there's plenty more who will concede little.
For them, it's still 1955, Emmit Till was just murdered, and it's still an awful America full of racist whites who are  just looking for their chance to kill minorities.
Their big worry is not that a fraud like Smollett was found out, but that now all those scores of daily racist assaults by whites against blacks won't be believed.
If we're expecting a huge change of heart from this incident from libs, we're in for severe disappointment.
My view is the Smollett incident will be swiftly forgotten only to be replaced by another minority/lgbt fraudster with another cock and bull story about being attacked by white racists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 04:19:27 pm »
Well, it could have been true. Because  blacks and black homosexuals by the hundreds are being assaulted every day by nasty, evil Trump supporters.
At least that's the type of  comments I've been reading on some liberal boards.
To be fair, it appears a number of libs have condemned Smollett, but there's plenty more who will concede little.
For them, it's still 1955, Emmit Till was just murdered, and it's still an awful America full of racist whites who are  just looking for their chance to kill minorities.
Their big worry is not that a fraud like Smollett was found out, but that now all those scores of daily racist assaults by whites against blacks won't be believed.
If we're expecting a huge change of heart from this incident from libs, we're in for severe disappointment.
My view is the Smollett incident will be swiftly forgotten only to be replaced by another minority/lgbt fraudster with another cock and bull story about being attacked by white racists.

Well, I agree that these racist/homophobic incidents are less common than liberals will have you believe, but they do have a point that hoaxes like this make it tougher for a real victim to be taken seriously.  It's like Me Too.  For every legitimate incident of rape or assault, there are a ton of Dr. Fords out there making allegations without proof and casting real victims as liars, not to be believed.

I can only speculate why Smollett did what he did, but I doubt he realizes the harm he has done to real victims.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 04:32:55 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.