Author Topic: Houston cop 'lied about drug dealing so officers could storm home' sparking a shootout which left a  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6710563/Chief-Officer-lied-affidavit-deadly-Houston-raid.html

Houston cop 'lied about drug dealing so officers could storm home' sparking a shootout which left a couple dead and five officers wounded

By LAUREN FRUEN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 15:53 EST, 15 February 2019

The Houston officer who led a deadly raid in which a couple were killed and five cops were injured lied to get a search warrant, according to the city's police chief.

Lead investigator Gerald Goines alleged an informant bought heroin at the house of Dennis Tuttle, 59, and Rhogena Nicholas, 58, the day before the January 28 raid. The informant had also allegedly seen a handgun in the home.

But according to an affidavit filed as part of the ongoing investigation into the raid and made public Friday, the informant told investigators he or she had not bought any drugs at the home and had not been involved in any work leading up to the raid.

After the raid, police said they found several firearms at the home, along with marijuana and cocaine but no heroin. The heroin allegedly bought at the home had been obtained elsewhere, according to the affidavit.

The informant had allegedly been working with the lead investigator in the case, who was identified in the affidavit as Officer Gerald Goines. He now faces criminal charges.

More at URL above...

Looks like the couple in the house were just trying to defend themselves when they were executed by the police...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Worser and worser.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Should face Capital Murder charges, the POS...

And the libs all protest that we should surrender our firearms and let the popo "protect" us...screw that.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline LadyLiberty

Why did he do this?  I can't imagine what would be his motivation.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why did he do this?  I can't imagine what would be his motivation.
I wonder if they'll find if the cop that targeted them had some sort of personal beef with them?

Offline EdJames

I've read in other articles that this Goins has a history of these types of issues.  Last major one IIRC was a road rage incident in which he shot and killed a motorist.  Lots of evidence planting and improper use of CIs.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've read in other articles that this Goins has a history of these types of issues.  Last major one IIRC was a road rage incident in which he shot and killed a motorist.  Lots of evidence planting and improper use of CIs.

Yet he still works there?  Where is the police chief?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

30 years from what I understand.