Author Topic: Vegan parents charged after starving their baby by switching from formula: police  (Read 1651 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 2 hours ago
Vegan parents charged after starving their baby by switching from formula: police
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Vegan parents in Florida allegedly starved and left their 5-month-old baby malnourished after they stopped using the doctor-advised formula and instead gave him a potato-based mash, police said.

Robert Buskey, 31, and Julia French, 20, have been accused with causing harm to the toddler and may face further charges.

The suspects were described as vegans who ignored doctor’s requests to feed the baby organic formula and instead began giving the child their own, WFTV 9 reported.

“I’ve never seen a child to this level, this close to possible death,” Detective Lauren Watson of the Titusville Police Department said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/vegan-parents-charged-after-starving-their-5-month-baby-by-switching-from-doctor-advised-organic-formula
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And Senator Sparticus wants all babies to enjoy this life.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

If vegans and vegetarians do not take B-12 supplements, they are in danger of being malnourished.
There is a reason humans eat meat....we have evolved to eat it. We are omnivores. Eating  meat and dairy products is something humans do to stay healthy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If vegans and vegetarians do not take B-12 supplements, they are in danger of being malnourished.
There is a reason humans eat meat....we have evolved to eat it. We are omnivores. Eating  meat and dairy products is something humans do to stay healthy.

Eating animals is just icky, so the story goes.  Who can hook a Sea Kitten??  Skin a Moo Cow?  Heck, they don't even want the Moo Cow to exist, nor even let us milk her.

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Reminds me of another case with Christian Science parents. They refused to allow their son to be treated for flu. Instead, they insisted that prayer and 'God's will' would be enough. Once the child died they were charged with neglect resulting in death. The judge ruled that allowing the child to die with something so easily treatable over God and religion was equivalent to human sacrifice.

This case is similar in the sense that the parents were willing to allow the child to die over their obviously fanatical and unhealthy fixation with vegetarianism.

BTW, recently saw a film of a deer eating meat from a carcass. Cows have been known to eat meat. Monkeys are hunters and eat meat. The point is that many animals currently classified as herbivores are in fact omnivores. Just as cats are entirely carnivorous and will die without meat, but they occasionally eat grass to fill a specific need they have. Animals run on instinct. When their body tells them that they are lacking a certain vitamin, protein, or mineral, they will eat dirt, grass, meat, whatever they need to fill that need.

I don't think vegetarians understand or respect how nature works. They have an inaccurate fixated perception which is not based on reality. Of course, Liberals are like that with most things in life. If reality conflicts with what they believe to be true, then they simply discard reality in favor of what they 'want' to be true.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

I read some years ago about vegetarian/vegan pet owners who wouldn't feed their dogs or cats meat and then wondered why Fido or Fluffy died from malnutrition.   Duh!  They're carnivores!

I have gout, which is caused by overconsumption of certain foods, particularly red meat.  Boy, do I miss a good steak!   It's a pain living without meat because, as has been pointed out here, I have to take supplements to replace nutrients found in meat.  Why anyone would voluntarily deprive themselves of meat and then have to take supplements is beyond my comprehension.  Sure, a meatless meal is good for you sometimes, but a steady diet of plants?  Uh, no.

Offline goatprairie

Eating animals is just icky, so the story goes.  Who can hook a Sea Kitten??  Skin a Moo Cow?  Heck, they don't even want the Moo Cow to exist, nor even let us milk her.

9999hair out0000
Vegans/vegetarians, many or most of whom are arch-liberals, would be the first to argue that we're just animals like all other mammals.
 Many non-human animals are omnivores or carnivores.
At the same time, they believe humans are somehow different from other omnivores/carnivores in that we shouldn't eat meat.
Will they demand non-human mammals also not eat meat?   :silly:

Offline Victoria33

I have gout, which is caused by overconsumption of certain foods, particularly red meat. 
@Applewood

Sometimes high uric acid count is genetic. I have to take allopurinol to lower the uric acid count.  Many years ago, I had gout twice, and from then on never had it.  My brother was the same way.  I don't eat much red meat, but do eat some - I eat chicken rather than beef.  I take that pill every other day as the doc doesn't want me to take more than that.  There is another pill for this, uloric, but that pill isn't good for your heart - possible heart attack, stroke. What do you take, if anything?

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Sometimes high uric acid count is genetic. I have to take allopurinol to lower the uric acid count.  Many years ago, I had gout twice, and from then on never had it.  My brother was the same way.  I don't eat much red meat, but do eat some - I eat chicken rather than beef.  I take that pill every other day as the doc doesn't want me to take more than that.  There is another pill for this, uloric, but that pill isn't good for your heart - possible heart attack, stroke. What do you take, if anything?

I don't know of anyone in my family who has or had gout.  I think mine was just the result of obesity and poor diet.    Gout comes from  a diet of too many foods high in purine. Too much purine causes overproduction of uric acid which gets into the joints and causes the severely painful gout attacks.  I believe just about everything ed eat has  purine in it.  On a gout diet I avoid the foods highest in purine -- beef, pork, shellfish and certain other fish and turkey.  Chicken is lower in purine and doesn't aggravate gout. 

I can't take gout meds -- they either clash with other meds I take or they worsen other health issues I have.  After one particularly bad gout attack when I was in agony for two whole weeks,  the doctor said I had better get serious about following the gout diet.  I have and so far, no major attacks since, thank God.  I wouldn't wish gout on my worst enemy. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Applewood

@Victoria33 @Applewood

I also take Allopurinol (I take as needed, which is maybe 10 a year so far, when I feel an attack coming on).... I am lucky so far and still eat meat, I just try to limit it now (all things in moderation the Bible points out). Allopurinol is the generic med I believe for Zyloprim... Gout hurts, it once hurt so bad I had to get a wheelchair for a week.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

Oh my gosh!  That poor baby.  They need the fat from the formula and whatever else is in there now. Then, some small amounts of solids. Potato water/starch....isn't going to do it for a growing baby. That child's brain may be damaged. They had no clue their child was starving?  Not gaining weight?  Listless?   

Offline Applewood

@Victoria33 @Applewood

I also take Allopurinol (I take as needed, which is maybe 10 a year so far, when I feel an attack coming on).... I am lucky so far and still eat meat, I just try to limit it now (all things in moderation the Bible points out). Allopurinol is the generic med I believe for Zyloprim... Gout hurts, it once hurt so bad I had to get a wheelchair for a week.

The pain is indeed crippling.  I'm glad you found medicine that works for you. 

You're right.  Moderation is key.  I once watched a drama about Henry VIII.  He may have had gout; certainly, his contemporaries did.  Henry used to have these feasts that lasted for hours where he and his guests gorged themselves on everything including meat.  I expect that if Henry had gout, it was not helped by all the weight he put on in his later years.  I know when I lost some weight, less pressure on the joints was a good thing.

No food is bad for you.  It's just that Americans in particular tend to eat to excess.  And that's why we have all these health issues.

Online mountaineer

... The baby is now recovering in a Florida hospital while his parents are in custody at the Brevard County Jail.

WFTV 9 reports that the Department of Children and Families organised an investigation after noticing the infant’s eyes were sunken and his ribs could clearly be seen.

Court documents say that the baby was also very sleepy and dehydration and malnourishment had resulted in erratic temperatures and sugar levels. ...
More

I hope they deloused "dad" at booking. Who knows what might crawl out of that rat's nest on his head.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:50:03 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Quick anecdote on the topic:

After the obligatory college experimentation with vegetarianism, my wife and I found ourselves living a vegetarian lifestyle in the first few years after marriage.  Many of our social circle were also vegetarian.  I began to notice something about the families that had children: almost all of their children that were early school age seemed to have a lot of diagnosed (and un-diagnosed) learning disabilities.

When my wife became pregnant we started to look into this a bit more.  What we found out at the time (not sure if it is medical orthodoxy at the present time) was that infants through early childhood need a lot of protein for proper brain development, and that meat was the single best source of that brain building protein.

Needless to say we switched out of that vegetarian lifestyle and when our son was born he had a full meat diet as soon as possible.  I was very glad that we noticed all of the learning disabilities (and other issues like them all looking like sickly white ghosts!) in the children of the vegetarian/vegan families so that we were able to avoid that.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Vegans are science deniers. ignoring the nutritional needs of the human body.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Quick anecdote on the topic:

After the obligatory college experimentation with vegetarianism, my wife and I found ourselves living a vegetarian lifestyle in the first few years after marriage.  Many of our social circle were also vegetarian.  I began to notice something about the families that had children: almost all of their children that were early school age seemed to have a lot of diagnosed (and un-diagnosed) learning disabilities.

When my wife became pregnant we started to look into this a bit more.  What we found out at the time (not sure if it is medical orthodoxy at the present time) was that infants through early childhood need a lot of protein for proper brain development, and that meat was the single best source of that brain building protein.

Needless to say we switched out of that vegetarian lifestyle and when our son was born he had a full meat diet as soon as possible.  I was very glad that we noticed all of the learning disabilities (and other issues like them all looking like sickly white ghosts!) in the children of the vegetarian/vegan families so that we were able to avoid that.

It sounds like being a Vegetarian is a choice for adults...much like drinking a beer and bourbon.  It's not for children.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
It sounds like being a Vegetarian is a choice for adults...much like drinking a beer and bourbon.  It's not for children.

That's a good way to put it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"I hope they deloused "dad" at booking. Who knows what might crawl out of that rat's nest on his head."

Right about that.
This guy sez "scuzzy" from head... to toe.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I hope they deloused "dad" at booking. Who knows what might crawl out of that rat's nest on his head.

I think we should ask her what that extra head stacked on the other what it thinks.
I will NOT comply.