Author Topic: Investigator in Green Beret murder case faces stolen valor charges – Green Beret wants case dismiss  (Read 667 times)

rangerrebew

Investigator in Green Beret murder case faces stolen valor charges – Green Beret wants case dismissed

February 15, 2019 Laura Widener

The lead investigator in an Army Green Beret’s murder case has been charged with stolen valor, and the defense is now calling for charges to be dropped and the case to be dismissed.

Sgt. 1st Class Mark Delacruz, an Army Criminal Investigation Command special agent who led the investigation sparked by murder allegations against Army Maj. Mathew Golsteyn, was recently charged with stolen valor, Army Times reported Thursday. Some say this may have a significant impact on the case, and Golsteyn’s attorneys want the charges to be dropped.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/02/investigator-in-green-beret-murder-case-faces-stolen-valor-charges-green-beret-wants-case-dismissed/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it. Isn't the guy being charged guilty or not guilty based on the evidence?

What does any non-related crimes the chief investigator may have committed do with anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't get it. Isn't the guy being charged guilty or not guilty based on the evidence?

What does any non-related crimes the chief investigator may have committed do with anything?

If I remember correctly, it was seen as a politically motivated prosecution.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I remember correctly, it was seen as a politically motivated prosecution.

@Sanguine

Ok,thanks.

BTW,from what little I found out from reading the article,he has nobody to blame but himself for bragging about stuff he did while on a mission to people who have never been in that position or had that mindset themselves.

"Trying to impress the CIA" is one excuse I guess,but a pretty poor one because there are damn few of them that have ever heard a shot fired.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!