Author Topic: He pretended a date stood him up at Outback Steakhouse on Valentine’s Day. Strangers picked up his t  (Read 886 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
He pretended a date stood him up at Outback Steakhouse on Valentine’s Day. Strangers picked up his tab.

Antonia Noori Farzan
The Washington Post
February 15, 2019

A thought popped into Stephen Bonser’s head midway through Valentine’s Day.

“If I went to Outback Steakhouse by myself tonight and asked for a table for 2, then got progressively sadder as the night went on alone, do you think they’d give me my steak for free?” the 27-year-old, who works in technology sales and lives in Washington, asked his hundreds of Twitter followers.

His sister egged him on, telling him that she would pay for his meal on Thursday if the restaurant didn’t. Three hours later, Bonser was waiting by the host stand at the Outback Steakhouse in Arlington, dressed in a fresh blazer and button-down shirt and carrying a poorly wrapped present.

“I figured that I’m getting a free steak either way,” he told The Washington Post later that night. “It would be fiscally irresponsible not to do it.”

More
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:36:41 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Jerk made a $50 donation to the ACLU to cover the expenses that folks donated to cover his meal. I would be ticked to know any money was sent to that commie organization on my behalf.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....