Author Topic: Trump says he was nominated for Nobel Prize by Japan's prime minister  (Read 646 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he was nominated for Nobel Prize by Japan's prime minister
by Steven Nelson
 | February 15, 2019 12:20 PM

President Trump said Friday that he was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe because of his talks with North Korea, although Trump said he doesn't expect to win the prize in October.

"I'll probably never get it. That's okay. They gave it to Obama and he didn't know what he got it for. With me, I probably will never get it," Trump said during a Rose Garden press conference. "We do a lot of good work. This administration does a tremendous job. We don't get credit for it."

The Norwegian Nobel Committee received 304 nominations for this year, and 219 individuals and 85 groups are now under consideration. The committee accepts submissions from a small group of eligible government officials, academics, and civic leaders.

"Prime Minister Abe of Japan gave me the most beautiful copy of a letter that he sent to the people who give out a thing called a Nobel Prize. He said I have nominated you on behalf of Japan. I am asking them to give you the Nobel Peace Prize. I said, 'Thank you," Trump said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-says-he-was-nominated-for-nobel-prize-by-japans-prime-minister
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:30:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kidd

Re: Trump says he was nominated for Nobel Prize by Japan's prime minister
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 07:10:10 pm »
Trump's progress with North Korea is truly remarkable. But the job isn't finished.

And has Trump notes, the prize has been awarded to some really undeserving people in the past, so it really isn't much of an honor.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:16:07 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:48:28 pm »
At some point Mr. Trump ought to be recognized for progress with North Korea.

But that time hasn't yet arrived.

There still must be concrete, verifiable results.

I write this as a Trump supporter.

When we see real progress, THAT'S when it's time "for nominations" ...

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 12:19:26 pm »
At some point Mr. Trump ought to be recognized for progress with North Korea.

But that time hasn't yet arrived.

There still must be concrete, verifiable results.

I write this as a Trump supporter.

When we see real progress, THAT'S when it's time "for nominations" ...
QFT, absolutely agree.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »
Because they asked him to.....

TRUMP'S GOVERNMENT ASKED JAPAN'S PRIME MINISTER TO NOMINATE HIM FOR THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

Japan’s The Asahi Shimbun newspaper reported on Sunday that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe made the nomination at the request of Trump’s government sometime in the autumn.

“According to the sources, the U.S. government ‘informally’ asked Tokyo to nominate Trump after he met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore in June, the first-ever summit between the two countries,” the newspaper’s article said.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-japan-prime-minister-nominate-nobel-peace-prize-1334093
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.