Author Topic: Majority of California Residents Want to Leave: Poll  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Majority of California Residents Want to Leave: Poll
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 02:10:02 am »
@LMAO

Almost all of them are stuck because they have BIG mortgage loans,and the people coming to Ca now are the homeless who are looking for handouts. This means there is nobody around to buy their houses so they can leave,and if they leave without paying the loans they won't be able to buy or even rent a house or apartment there.

No matter what they do,they are screwed.
I think you are right. If they can't take a six or seven figure hit on their real estate, they can't afford to get out. Who wants to pay Cali real estate prices to be taxed witless? In some place where the streets run with sh*t, not gold.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 02:13:20 am »
@GtHawk

I knew they were at one time,but am genuinely surprised they are still buying at the inflated prices. Talking about individuals here,not Asian companies. Asian companies would obviously have an interest in buying land in port cities.
@sneakypete
I can only speak to what I have seen around me in Orange County and they are the ones buying things up, Vietnamese, Chinese, Koreans. My mother lives in Seizu, er Leisure World in Seal Beach, CA. a retirement community and they are buying up units there. So no I'm not talking about Corporations, I'm talking individuals. Heck I have watched entire neighborhoods change over the years and part of it is just the normal part of individuals feeling comfortable living those like themselves but the Asians have the money to buy up homes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 02:17:31 am »
@sneakypete
I can only speak to what I have seen around me in Orange County and they are the ones buying things up, Vietnamese, Chinese, Koreans. My mother lives in Seizu, er Leisure World in Seal Beach, CA. a retirement community and they are buying up units there. So no I'm not talking about Corporations, I'm talking individuals. Heck I have watched entire neighborhoods change over the years and part of it is just the normal part of individuals feeling comfortable living those like themselves but the Asians have the money to buy up homes.

@GtHawk

And with very few exceptions,Asians make excellent neighbors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 02:58:11 am »
@GtHawk

Absolutely.

They tend to cluster near the best schools, and in so doing make the schools even better.  Two cases in point; Irvine and Sunny-Hills Fullerton.

There have been Asians in the OC dating back many decades, to vegetable farming days. And when we departed Vietnam, the OC got many of those folks shortly thereafter. I remember looking from a hilltop in San Clemente into the northernmost part of Camp Pendleton, where they were initially housed in tents.

Asians are well recognized for their industry, serious pursuit of education, etc. They are way "overrepresented in medicine.

That you see them buying units in Leisure World Seal Beach, is strong evidence that they are assimilated, etc. You know of course everybody pays cash, at Leisure World?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 03:15:15 am »
@GtHawk

Sadly, over the past thirty years they’ve gone from splitting their vote between gop and rat to 70 or 80 percent rat. Chinese language news is so slanted to the left it’s crazy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:17:13 am by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 03:48:54 am »
@GtHawk

Well I lived across from an exception, a Asian rented a house across the street from me, all good, until one night around 2 AM it was Chinese fire drill time with vans dropping off people and mattresses. That house had been enlarged to four bedrooms an a big bonus room above the garage and they had almost every square foot inside covered with mattresses. We found this out because when the home owner finally got them evicted we got to see inside, it was amazing what they left behind, it took three 40 yarders to clear the crap before the repairs could be started.

I have lived next to excellent Asian neighbors and had nightmare ones too.