Author Topic: No, the Pentagon Is Not Working on Killer Robots—Yet  (Read 914 times)

rangerrebew

No, the Pentagon Is Not Working on Killer Robots—Yet
« on: February 15, 2019, 01:12:44 pm »
No, the Pentagon Is Not Working on Killer Robots—Yet
A strategy plan for using AI is more focused instead on firefighting and preventative maintenance.

Lara Seligman February 13, 2019

The U.S. Department of Defense on Feb. 12 released its roadmap for artificial intelligence, and the most interesting thing about it might be what’s missing from the report: The military is nowhere close to building a lethal weapon capable of thinking and acting on its own.

As it turns out, the military applications of artificial intelligence today and in the foreseeable future are much more mundane. The Defense Department has several pilot projects in the works that focus on using AI to solve everyday problems such as floods, fires, and maintenance, said U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Jack Shanahan, who heads up the Pentagon’s new Joint Artificial Intelligence Center.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/13/no-the-pentagon-is-not-working-on-killer-robots-yet/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: No, the Pentagon Is Not Working on Killer Robots—Yet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 01:42:38 pm »
They wouldn't admit it that they are.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 08:15:50 pm »
They wouldn't admit it that they are.
:thumbsup: 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:37:19 pm »
They should be.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 08:49:53 pm »
See the source image
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 09:30:52 pm »
They should be.

No, they shouldn't. In the short sense.

Point on fact. National security concerns.

Merely my opinion. All or any weapons systems developed of interest to the U.S. military should have some type of security. That includes any Congressional committees that include a Defense appropriation for funding.

I am in no way an expert in this matter. But, again, I approve of nondisclosure of certain use, adaptation, or development of what I would deem as advantageous to our military.

In short layman's terms (me) anything that could or would prevent U.S. citizens from being sent home in body bags meets with my approval.

Long term denial, such as our secret underground submarine bases in F ghanistan, being the only reason we are still there, does not meet with my approval.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 01:47:51 am »
I call BS.
The Republic is lost.