Author Topic: Call it what it is: Andrew McCabe plotted a coup to overturn results of the election  (Read 2565 times)

Offline libertybele

The attempted coup is still going on!

Call it what it is: Andrew McCabe plotted a coup to overturn results of the election

Fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s book tour began with a “60 minutes” interview this week in which he confirmed that he commenced an effort to remove President Trump from office, citing his concerns with the president’s supposed ties to Russia, for which no evidence has ever surfaced.

Citing several thoroughly debunked Russian collusion narratives, McCabe, under the impression that President Trump was somehow compromised as commander in chief, attempted to gather votes inside the administration to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

In a “60 minutes” preview clip, McCabe forwarded the baseless conspiracy theory that President Trump won the election with the assistance of the Kremlin.

“I was speaking to the man who had just run for the presidency and won the election for the presidency. And who might have done so with the aid of the government of Russia, our most formidable adversary on the world stage,” McCabe said during the interview. “And that was something that troubled me greatly.”..............

.............Putting aside that Russia is not “our most formidable adversary” (it’s China, by a mile), to date, not a single piece of evidence has emerged that the “Russia case” was anything but a complete hoax based on opposition research sourced to anonymous Russians that was paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign.............

................Unfortunately for McCabe, there was no “solid ground” to be found. The Russia investigation came up entirely empty, and the FBI bureaucrats’ leak-and-smear campaigns were not enough to oust the duly elected president through other means..........

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/call-andrew-mccabe-plotted-coup-overturn-results-election/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

CBS: Andrew McCabe Says Discussions About Wiretapping Trump, Removing Him Were Serious
CNS News, Feb 14, 2019, Susan Jones

Conversations about Rod Rosenstein wearing a wire to secretly tape the president of the United States came up more than once and were serious, former Acting Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe told CBS's Scott Pelley.

McCabe, sitting for a "60 Minutes" interview, told Pelley that he and other officials also discussed invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Donald Trump from office.

Pelley appeared on the CBS "This Morning" news set Thursday to describe the "most illuminating and surprising thing" to emerge from his interview with McCabe:

According to Pelley:

"There were meetings at the Justice Department in which it was discussed whether the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet could be brought together to remove the president of the United States under the 25th Amendment.

"These were the eight days (in May) from Comey's firing to the point that Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel, and the highest levels of American law enforcement were trying to figure out what to do with the president."

Norah O'Donnell, host of the CBS morning show, asked Pelley, "So McCabe is saying that (the 25th Amendment) was discussed?"

"Absolutely," Pelley responded. "McCabe, Norah, you point out, was the very first person involved in these meetings who has come out and spoken publicly."

O'Donnell asked Pelley, "But there was a discussion underway about removing the president of the United States?"

"They were counting noses," Pelley said. "They were not asking Cabinet members whether they would vote for or against removing the president. But they were speculating, this person would be with us; that person would not be; and they were counting noses in that effort."

"And this was not perceived to be a joke," Pelley continued. "It was also said at a previous time that the Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, offered to wear a wire into the White House to record potentially incriminating conversations with the president.

"A statement was released after that, that that was never serious -- it was sarcastic, et cetera. McCabe, in our interview, says no. It came up more than once and it was so serious that he took it to the lawyers at the FBI to discuss it."

More:  https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cbs-andrew-mccabe-says-discussions-about-wiretapping-trump-removing-him

8 Days in May begins at 4:50  The full discussion is frightening.

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDF0FenOw8

How Rosenstein and McCabe are walking free is beyond me.

Offline libertybele

Exactly.  I have asked this again and again, and I can come up with no positive scenario; "Why did Trump appoint Rosenstein in the first place?"

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Straight up treason and sedition. It's not even close to the FBI's paygrade to get involved in these things.

This little cabal needs to go down, hard.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Straight up treason and sedition. It's not even close to the FBI's paygrade to get involved in these things.

Ah, but Rosenstein has connections with the Clintons, so I don't see that happening.

During the Clinton Administration, Rosenstein served as Counsel to Deputy Attorney General Philip B. Heymann (1993–1994) and Special Assistant to Criminal Division Assistant Attorney General Jo Ann Harris (1994–1995). Rosenstein then worked in the United States Office of the Independent Counsel under Ken Starr on the Whitewater investigation into President Bill Clinton.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:23:06 am by libertybele »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Nixon-Watergate:

AG Mitchell did prison time. So did Halderman, Erlichman, Dean, Colson and others.

Since we know the FISA dossier was a fraud, the DOJ's and FBI's rightful jobs were to determine who was meddling in our elections, NOT to frame up the President.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Lindsey Graham Demands Answers After DOJ Bombshell
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/lindsey-graham-russia-rod-rosenstein/2019/02/14/id/902789/

That ought to sell some books.  Rod should be thanking Lindsey.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1096246820097966080

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” Alan Dershowitz. @TuckerCarlson
7:16 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Using the 25th Amendment is unconstitutional? 

Rod should be thanking Trump too.  It's tough staying at the top of the 24 hour news cycle with an erratic President like Trump.  He'll steal your press with the next wacked out tweet or National Emergency.  Trump has had 4 tweets about rod in 24 hours...bump those book sales.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:30:12 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1096246820097966080

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” Alan Dershowitz. @TuckerCarlson
7:16 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Using the 25th Amendment is unconstitutional? 

Rod should be thanking Trump too.  It's tough staying at the top of the 24 hour news cycle with an erratic President like Trump.  He'll steal your press with the next wacked out tweet or National Emergency.  Trump has had 4 tweets about rod in 24 hours...bump those book sales.

The 25th amendment is cabinet level decisions, way above the paygrade of some Hillary loving douche like McCabe. And he tried his little coup when Trump was barely into his Presidency, based on false information cooked up by the Hillary campaign.

McCabe needs to do hard time. In past times he would have been shot.
The Republic is lost.

The 25th amendment is cabinet level decisions, way above the paygrade of some Hillary loving douche like McCabe. And he tried his little coup when Trump was barely into his Presidency, based on false information cooked up by the Hillary campaign.

McCabe needs to do hard time. In past times he would have been shot.

The stories I read say McCabe didn't think he could do it but he thought VP Pence and Sec of Defense Flynn might recognize Trump as so handicapped mentally and morally corrupt that they might invoke the 25th Amendment.  McCabe was wrong but no less a hero.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The stories I read say McCabe didn't think he could do it but he thought VP Pence and Sec of Defense Flynn might recognize Trump as so handicapped mentally and morally corrupt that they might invoke the 25th Amendment.  McCabe was wrong but no less a hero.

McCabe is one of those smartest-guy-in-the-room types that thinks he has status far beyond what he has.

There was no heroism here, just sedition and conspiracy based off the manipulations of partisan political hacks who's boots he was happy to lick.
The Republic is lost.

McCabe is one of those smartest-guy-in-the-room types that thinks he has status far beyond what he has.

There was no heroism here, just sedition and conspiracy based off the manipulations of partisan political hacks who's boots he was happy to lick.

Perhaps you know him better than me.  I just know his record of service in law enforcement.   :patriot:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps you know him better than me.  I just know his record of service in law enforcement.   :patriot:

**nononono*

Now I know you're pulling our collective leg.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

It’s pretty simple. The IG referred McCabe to the DOJ for prosecution and there have been two AGs, under this administration, that have declined to charge him. We’ll see about the third. As far as Rosenstein goes, he met directly with Trump last September about the wire and 25th Amendment allegations and decided to believe him over McCabe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:00:58 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

You spelled corruption wrong.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think the 25th amendment still, is subject to a strict interpretation and none of this would have fitted it. This was a coup attempt.  And millions and millions wasted on this.

I think the 25th amendment still, is subject to a strict interpretation and none of this would have fitted it. This was a coup attempt.

It sounds to me like the 25th amendment was discussed, not planned.

Offline skeeter

Please disperse. Nothing to see here.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

There's far more collusion here than the imaginary stuff McCabe thought he had on Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think the 25th amendment still, is subject to a strict interpretation and none of this would have fitted it. This was a coup attempt.  And millions and millions wasted on this.
Haven't you read the 25th? It states the FBI's job is to decide when to invoke the measure.

You know, it says that, in the same section which says it is up to the outgoing President, his AG, heads of CIA, FBI, to make the wheels of justice turn.

Lynch meets WJ Clinton in Phoenix, etc. AG directs Comey to name the action a "matter."

McCabe doesn't concern himself of this biased handling?

Rosenstein overlooks mention of this questionable situation?

Perhaps ALL of them know the fake Steele dossier is a fraud, yet present it to FISA court multiple times? Leak it to the press?

McCabe doesn't rehabilitate well, unless one suffers from untreatable TDS; a mental disorder recognized by professionals.

It is even being debated if criminal misdoings, can be defended by TDS?

Where does the TDS originate? Do you catch it, from being brainwashed by the crooked media?

Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, Brennan, Clapper, and others were all of one mind apparently.

Greg Jarret and Joe DiGenova have written books about the attempt to exonerate H. Clinton, and frame Trump.

They didn't just ponder it and talk it over. They acted on it.

Yet there is no law/provision designating them to be responsible for orchestrating such a Coup.

That law ONLY names the VP and Cabinet.

No collusion proved with Russia, to date. Stone's "Opposition Research" not illegal.

Nixon=Reagan=Trump

And Trump is payback for Clinton impeachment, andObama birther,  make no mistake.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln