Author Topic: I Practice Immigration Law  (Read 277 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I Practice Immigration Law
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:29:11 pm »
https://www.amren.com/features/2019/02/i-practice-immigration-law/

I Practice Immigration Law
A view from the inside

Anonymous
February 1, 2019

I have been practicing immigration law for almost ten years. It gives me an inside look at the absurdities of our system. Here are some of my observations.

Immigration court proceedings are civil, not criminal, and therefore no one is entitled to representation at taxpayer expense. However, taxpayers do subsidize organizations such as Catholic Charities and CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) because they receive federal grants that help provide pro bono representation to aliens in immigration court and at various agencies.

I hardly ever advertise because I don’t need to. I am good at what I do and my clients are usually referrals from previous clients. My clients have never had any problems paying. A few have bounced checks, but they quickly covered their balances. They pay my fees and government filing fees before filing. If a case is likely to last over a period of months or years, we establish some sort of payment plan so that I am paid in full before filing any application with the immigration service or before the client’s big hearing date. It is one of the ironies of our system, but at least for my clients, they may have no legal authorization to work here, but they don’t have a problem paying their legal bills. I don’t worry about being stiffed.

More at URL above...

Poster's note:
Some may find amren an objectionable site.
I do not.
I trust you'll find the full article above quite interesting.