Author Topic: As Budget Hearings Begin, IFO Says Minimum Wage Hike Would Cost 33,000 Jobs, While Dem Lawmakers  (Read 779 times)

rangerrebew

As Budget Hearings Begin, IFO Says Minimum Wage Hike Would Cost 33,000 Jobs, While Dem Lawmakers Decry ‘Poverty’ Wages

Posted By Steve Bittenbender On February 14, 2019 @ 4:55 am

Pennsylvania state lawmakers kicked off three weeks of budget hearings on Monday, and the initial talks focused on a couple of proposals put forward by Gov. Tom Wolf.

The Democratic governor’s plan to raise the minimum wage sparked discussion along party lines in the state House Appropriations Committee. Democrats championed Wolf’s plan to immediately boost the minimum wage from $7.25, the federal rate, to $12 and then gradually increase it to $15, saying it will raise families out of poverty.

Republicans, who hold a 19-seat majority in the House, raised questions to Matthew Knittel, the director of the state’s Independent Fiscal Office. The IFO, a nonpartisan agency, offers revenue projections to state lawmakers for budgetary issues.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/as-budget-hearings-begin-ifo-says-minimum-wage-hike-would-cost-33000-jobs-while-dem-lawmakers-decry-poverty-wages/

Offline LMAO

Progressivism is the belief that your feelings will overcome facts  and consequences
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

rangerrebew

Progressivism is the belief that your feelings will overcome facts  and consequences

I think you should provide a definition of facts and consequences since democrats don't include them in their vocabularies. :3:

Online Hoodat

Progressivism is a condition where your feelings allow you to ignore facts, consequences, and truth in general.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-