Author Topic: CNN's Toobin: 'Almost unrecognizable' Manafort 'in danger of losing his life' in prison  (Read 1586 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN's Toobin: 'Almost unrecognizable' Manafort 'in danger of losing his life' in prison
By Joe Concha - 02/14/19 10:27 AM EST

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said that Paul Manafort was "almost unrecognizable" in a recent court appearance, adding that the former Trump campaign chairman "is really, really in danger of losing his life" in prison.

"I saw Paul Manafort in court the other day," Toobin told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Wednesday night. "This is a man who looks like he’s dying. He is walking with a cane. He looks disoriented. He has declined so precipitously in prison that when you realize he has now lost his cooperation agreement and the chance for a lower sentence and he’s facing an entirely separate prison sentence in the Virginia case, a 70-year-old man is looking like he may die in prison, and it is just a profound thing to think about."

"Apparently he’s using a wheelchair a lot of the time," Toobin later added. "Prison is rough for anybody. Yes, he did wrong and he did wrong over and over again. But, I mean, this man is really, really in danger of losing his life."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/430004-cnns-toobin-almost-unrecognizable-manafort-in-danger-of-losing-his-life-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Happy Valentines Day in Prison, Paul.  Hope you got lucky last night. 6666kiss

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
CNN's Toobin: 'Almost unrecognizable' Manafort 'in danger of losing his life' in prison
By Joe Concha - 02/14/19 10:27 AM EST

"Prison is rough for anybody. Yes, he did wrong and he did wrong over and over again. But, I mean, this man is really, really in danger of losing his life."

AND????? Are you saying he should have been locked up when he was in his 30's,and better able to stand the "stress" of being locked up in protected environment away from gen pop?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

He will likely get a pardon from Trump.  Their friendship goes back 40 years.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No he won' issue a pardon.  I expect it will be clemency ... a commutation of the sentence .... as soon as the Mueller witch hunt is declared over.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:55:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

No he won' issue a pardon.  I expect it will be clemency ... a commutation of the sentence .... as soon as the Mueller witch hunt is declared over.

After images of 30 odd swat guys storming an old couples' house down in Ft Lauderdale, news of a 70 year old man dying in solitary confinement for 15 year old tax charges will really be a PR coup for Mueller.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

There are a few with that. First, a pardon doesn’t keep Manafort from being subpoenaed in other cases. It also negates his ability to invoke the 5th on questions related to his conviction. If he lies during testimony, he’s still eligible for prosecution on perjury charges. Finally, there were charges where a verdict was not rendered in his Virginia trial. Some of this could be prosecuted under state law, avoiding any double jeopardy, and not eligible for pardon by the president. The most likely action would be clemency. Still, that leaves him open to prosecution by Virginia.

Prosecution is asking for a couple decades, after nullification of his plea agreement.

Mueller says Paul Manafort should serve 19-24 years in prison

https://www.axios.com/mueller-investigation-paul-manafort-sentence-7e78d54d-ed73-43a2-a671-d697f78b5d39.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
After images of 30 odd swat guys storming an old couples' house down in Ft Lauderdale, news of a 70 year old man dying in solitary confinement for 15 year old tax charges will really be a PR coup for Mueller.

If you're going to make an omelet.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

Call me a Heartless Ba$tard but this SOB was largely responsible for the 4 years of Carter, I won't be sending him any soap on a rope.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Finding communications with WikiLeaks at Stone’s residence and uncovering a meeting between Gates, Manafort, and a Russian intelligence operative in a restaurant at Kushner’s building, during the campaign should be sufficient PR.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics/roger-stone-wikileaks/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-island/columnists/dan-janison/trump-giuliani-manafort-russia-1.27314079

Offline skeeter

Finding communications with WikiLeaks at Stone’s residence and uncovering a meeting between Gates, Manafort, and a Russian intelligence operative in a restaurant at Kushner’s building, during the campaign should be sufficient PR.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics/roger-stone-wikileaks/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-island/columnists/dan-janison/trump-giuliani-manafort-russia-1.27314079

Yep, they’ve got him now.

Offline edpc

Yep, they’ve got him now.

The mandate ordered the investigation into whether there were ‘any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign....’

Stone remained in touch with campaign members after he wasn’t part of it. Manafort was campaign manager and Gates was the deputy, at the time of their meeting with Kilimnik. Everything seems to be unfolding and show Manafort’s data made its way to the troll farm to be used in their social media targeting. Stone looks as if he was the middleman for the campaign and WikiLeaks to coordinate the email releases. If factual campaign members were knowingly using Russian operatives as part of their campaign strategy. So much for the witch hunt story.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What exactly did this guy do wrong?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

As far as I can tell,he made the mistake of being the low-hanging fruit when the Dims and their NT brothers went on a witch hunt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Manafort pled guilty to lying to prosecutors about his Russian business deals.  As did Trump's lawyer Cohen and Trump's National Security Advisor Flynn.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Kinda funny how lying comes in and out of vogue. Bill Clinton committed perjury and it was "no big deal, just about sex". Hillary and her staff have been caught numerous times lying during questioning about the email server.
Countdown to Resignation

Kinda funny how lying comes in and out of vogue. Bill Clinton committed perjury and it was "no big deal, just about sex". Hillary and her staff have been caught numerous times lying during questioning about the email server.
Clinton was impeached and lost his law license for that blow job cover up.  Hitlery lost the election.  What is your point?