Author Topic: McCabe details central role in Russia probes, DOJ meetings on whether to oust president  (Read 1358 times)

Online libertybele

McCabe details central role in Russia probes, DOJ meetings on whether to oust president

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, speaking out in a new book and TV interview, detailed the central role he played in the bureau's Russia probe and the eventual appointment of a special counsel -- while reportedly describing Justice Department meetings where officials discussed ousting President Trump.

McCabe, who was fired from the bureau in March 2018 by then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions after it was determined he lied to investigators about a leak, spoke to “60 Minutes” ahead of the release of his new book, “The Threat.” CBS News’ Scott Pelley revealed parts of the interview Thursday morning........

............“I was speaking to the man who had just run for the presidency and won the election for the presidency and who might have done so with the aid of the government of Russia, our most formidable adversary on the world stage. And that was something that troubled me greatly,” McCabe said in one excerpt, referring to a phone call he had with Trump on May 10, 2017...........

...........“The highest level of American law enforcement were trying to figure out what to do with the president,” Pelley said Thursday.

In September, Fox News reported details about a meeting on May 16, 2017 at Justice Department headquarters, where the same topic was discussed. Sources told Fox News that McCabe, former FBI counsel Lisa Page, and Rosenstein, who was tasked with oversight of the Russia investigation after Sessions’ recusal, were in the room.

Rosenstein reportedly told McCabe that he might be able to persuade Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary and now-former chief of staff John Kelly to begin proceedings to invoke the 25th Amendment. Rosenstein adamantly denied the claims at the time...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-details-central-role-in-russia-probes-doj-meetings-on-whether-to-oust-president
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCabe says DOJ talked 25th amendment, Rosenstein offer to wear wire around Trump was serious: report
By Avery Anapol - 02/14/19 08:23 AM EST

Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe in a new interview reveals new details of the investigations into President Trump, telling CBS that there were conversations about the possibility of removing Trump under the 25th amendment and confirming that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had offered to wear a wire around the president.

McCabe spoke to “60 Minutes” for an interview ahead of the release of his book, “The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump.”

CBS News’ Scott Pelley appeared on “CBS This Morning” Thursday to discuss his interview with McCabe, saying that McCabe told him about the efforts to figure out “what to do” with Trump during the eight days between the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey and the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller.

“There were meetings at the Justice Department at which it was discussed whether the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet could be brought together to remove the president of the United States under the 25th Amendment,” Pelley said Thursday. “And the highest levels of American law enforcement were trying to figure out what to do with the president.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429960-mccabe-said-justice-dept-discussed-25th-amendment-confirms-rosenstein
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Crime of the century IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Crime of the century IMHO and John Huber is quite as a mouse!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Scoundrels!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Crime of the century IMHO!

Well, attempted crime.   But you're right - this was an attempt to oust the duly elected President and deny the verdict of the People.    These scoundrels wrap themselves in virtue, but they are profoundly un-American.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If this is true, we basically would have succumbed to an "inside Washington" coup.

Not a Trump fan, but this is beyond belief.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, attempted crime.   But you're right - this was an attempt to oust the duly elected President and deny the verdict of the People.    These scoundrels wrap themselves in virtue, but they are profoundly un-American.

It is still ongoing as we speak and it is DEFINITELY a crime!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BOOK: Rosenstein Held Meetings On Removing Trump With 25th Amendment, Wearing Wire Into Oval Office
https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/rosenstein-25th-amendment-wire-trump-meeting/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If true Rosenstein committed many crimes...lying to Congress, trying to over throw a President just to name 2
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

The election of Donald Trump surprised everybody in the swamp. It was their worst nightmare.

What to do about it? How could they get rid of him? Trump already shrugged off a sex scandal with the Access Hollywood tape. Another bite of that apple won’t work.

So, a group of government employees (from a storied and trusted agency of government – FBI) huddled together and came up with a red scare to tie Donald Trump to. The narrative? Trump enlisted the aid of the Kremlin and stole the election! No, really.

A totally corrupt, scandalous and illegal attempted coup.

This won’t end until the plotters are arrested and tried.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Normally we would depend on the GOP establishment, to push for righting the wrongs.

Instead many of them were part of it from the start.

Nearly 2.5 years later, not a hint that Trump colluded with Russia. 

Plenty of evidence that our LEA agencies, Intelligence agencies tried a Coup, got found out, and are getting away with it.

Iak this:

"What did Sessions know, and when did he know it, and what did he do?"

"What did Pence know, and when did he know it, and what did he do?"

"What did Wray know, and when did he know it, and what did he do?"

"What did Ryan know, and when did he know it, and what did he do?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
McCabe Says Justice Officials Discussed Recruiting Cabinet Members to Push Trump Out of Office
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/14/us/politics/andrew-mccabe-25th-amendment.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR2P5ilaQBDOY8xCLyOrhxmvvA6qU9sBHcpCS4SNJ2C6l_TLon3B5RBIlGE

IF memory serves, doesn't "government overthrow" qualify as a executable offense?

Not that anyone there would have any balls to go that direction.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The problem is, this is already an old story, from last fall. Prior to meeting with Rosenstein over the NYT story, Trump said the following…

The president was said to have been angered by a New York Times report that Rosenstein last spring discussed secretly taping the president and recruiting other Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president.

But Trump on Wednesday cast doubt on the report, citing Rosenstein’s denial. 

“Many people said I had the right to absolutely fire him. He said he did not say it. He said he does not believe that. And nobody in this room believes it, by the way,” Trump continued.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408757-trump-postpones-rosenstein-meeting

Nothing changed after the meeting and Rosenstein is still the deputy attorney general. Basically, the story is based around what McCabe and Page had said. He was fired and she resigned in disgrace. The only new aspect about the story is the release of McCabe’s book. He needs to rehash this tale, so publicity will be generated for sales.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:41:14 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
McCabe: Rosenstein suggested John Kelly, Jeff Sessions might help remove Trump from office
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mccabe-rosenstein-suggested-john-kelly-jeff-sessions-might-help-remove-trump-from-office

I would suggest we take anything self-serving, proven liar Andrew McCabe might say with a very large grain of salt.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Last fall, when this was originally news, the release was delayed. He missed the holiday window.

WASHINGTON — Former FBI acting Director Andrew McCabe said Thursday that his book has been delayed because of an FBI review lasting longer than he thought it would, making him concerned he has been singled out for what he calls “irregular unfair treatment.”

McCabe’s book, “The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump,” was scheduled for release Dec. 4. He now says it will come out in February.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/11/andrew-mccabe-book-delayed-amid-fbi-review/

Everyone has moved on to other things, since then. His motives for doing the interview are transparent.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:50:37 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IF memory serves, doesn't "government overthrow" qualify as a executable offense?

Not that anyone there would have any balls to go that direction.

888mouth
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Very sad to think of what might have been if Republicans in charge had the hindsight we have today, or balls.

Someday goodlookin'   3333hugs