Author Topic: Democrats mull two stages to hold crowded 2020 field during debates  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats mull two stages to hold crowded 2020 field during debates
by Katelyn Caralle
 | February 14, 2019 08:40 AM

Democrats are considering using two stages to hold all the Democrats running for the White House in 2020 when the candidates gather for debates.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez said he is also thinking about whether place the candidates randomly on those stages, instead of giving preference to those who are polling ahead of others, according to the Associated Press. In contrast, Republicans gave polling leaders preferential placement near the center of each stage for their debates in 2016.

The AP said Democrats are thinking of capping the total number of candidates to 16 for the debates.

Perez plans to announce the specifics of the first two 2020 primary debates by the end of the week. Those debates are expected to be held in June and July.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/democrats-mull-two-stages-to-hold-crowded-2020-field-during-debates
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Democrats mull two stages to hold crowded 2020 field during debates
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 04:08:21 pm »
Might I suggest a more appropriate venue, the defunct Ringling brothers main tent with it's three rings my still be available.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 05:27:31 pm »
Remember 2016 when Dems mocked (as a "clown car") the GOP for requiring this?  Pepperidge Farm remembers....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:29 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, you're about to behold a sight so strange, so horrifying, so utterly monstrous, that I urge you who are easily frightened or upset, who suffer from nervous disorders, weak hearts, or queasy stomachs, who experience nightmares, and any children under the age of 16, to forgo witnessing this exhibit. There are only two kinds of freaks ladies and gentlemen. Those created by God, and those made by man . The  democrat creatures on these stages are living breathing proof of human beings that once were... well, that's another story. One that happened a long time ago, a long way from here. Look if you must.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 05:54:14 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, you're about to behold a sight so strange, so horrifying, so utterly monstrous, that I urge you who are easily frightened or upset, who suffer from nervous disorders, weak hearts, or queasy stomachs, who experience nightmares, and any children under the age of 16, to forgo witnessing this exhibit. There are only two kinds of freaks ladies and gentlemen. Those created by God, and those made by man . The  democrat creatures on these stages are living breathing proof of human beings that once were... well, that's another story. One that happened a long time ago, a long way from here. Look if you must.

Sounds like a description of Tolkein's Nazgûl.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »

And, you know what, with such a crowded field, one of those misshapen creatures might actually win.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.