Author Topic: Tlaib: ‘People hear you differently’ when you’re a woman of color and a ‘first’ in Congress  (Read 974 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tlaib: ‘People hear you differently’ when you’re a woman of color and a ‘first’ in Congress
By Aris Folley - 02/12/19 08:39 AM EST

Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) said in a tweet on Tuesday that the "hardest part of serving in Congress" as a woman of color and one of the first Muslim women to serve is that "people hear you differently."

"No matter how much we take on the hate & stay true to who we are through our experiences, our voices are shushed and reduced," she wrote. "We aren't perfect, but neither is the institution.”

The hardest part of serving in Congress as a WOC & as a "first" is how people hear you differently. No matter how much we take on the hate & stay true to who we are through our experiences, our voices are shushed and reduced. We aren't perfect, but neither is this institution.
    — Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) February 11, 2019

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/429550-tlaib-people-hear-you-differently-when-youre-a-woman-of-color-and-a-first-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm not knocking them as individuals, two Muslim women, two radicals, that really shows you how this thought-system is ingrained in these people... as of now. I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

Offline mountaineer

She piped up because she's jelly of all the press  AOC and Omar have gotten lately.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"No matter how much we take on the hate & stay true to who we are..."

Physician, heal thyself.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:23:54 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
To the Bitch called Tlaib, We hear you perfectly fine.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

I'm not..not these two anyways....

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Tlaib: ‘People hear you differently’ when you’re a woman of color and a ‘first’ in Congress
By Aris Folley - 02/12/19 08:39 AM EST

Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) said in a tweet on Tuesday that the "hardest part of serving in Congress" as a woman of color and one of the first Muslim women to serve is that "people hear you differently."

"No matter how much we take on the hate & stay true to who we are through our experiences, our voices are shushed and reduced," she wrote. "We aren't perfect, but neither is the institution.”

The hardest part of serving in Congress as a WOC & as a "first" is how people hear you differently. No matter how much we take on the hate & stay true to who we are through our experiences, our voices are shushed and reduced. We aren't perfect, but neither is this institution.
    — Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) February 11, 2019

You're supporting people who inflict mutilation and death upon other people whom You accuse of committing an EMOTION, called Hate.

And then you expect others to cede You the moral high ground.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/429550-tlaib-people-hear-you-differently-when-youre-a-woman-of-color-and-a-first-in
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:28:26 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline GrouchoTex

So, the woman who called Trump an MF'er is now saying nobody takes her seriously?

Imagine that!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm not knocking them as individuals, two Muslim women, two radicals, that really shows you how this thought-system is ingrained in these people... as of now. I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

three steps towards the door
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Tlaib: ‘People hear you differently’ when you’re a woman of color and a ‘first’ in Congress"

I hear you loud and clear, girl.

You're a muslim and your agenda comes through exactly as you intend it.

And that's why I want you (and all muslims) OUTTA here!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
three steps towards the door

Down at place called The Jug
With a girl named  Rashida Lou

Offline andy58-in-nh

Down at place called The Jug
With a girl named  Rashida Lou

When in walked a man with a knife in his hand
And he was looking for you know who...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

When in walked a man with a knife in his hand
And he was looking for you know who...

I was scared and fearing for my life
I was shaking like a leaf on a tree

Offline GrouchoTex

I was scared and fearing for my life
I was shaking like a leaf on a tree

'Cause he was lean and mean, and big and bad
a-pointin' that gun at me