Author Topic: Trump got in Dem’s face over abortion at private meeting: report  (Read 1388 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump got in Dem’s face over abortion at private meeting: report
By Michael Burke - 02/13/19 08:29 PM EST

President Trump reportedly fumed at Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) last week at a private event before the National Prayer Breakfast, tearing into him over bills in New York and Virginia to extend abortion rights.

Politico, citing three sources, reported that Trump "leaned in close" to Coons during the exchange.

One person familiar with the interaction told Politico that Trump "was in his face about it" and described the president as "worked up."

“He saw a Democrat in the room, a Democrat who’s known to be a person of faith, and he was like, ‘Why aren't you speaking out about this?’” the person added.

A spokesman for Coons declined to comment to Politico.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429938-trump-got-in-dems-face-over-abortion-at-private-meeting-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump got in Dem’s face over abortion at private meeting: report
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 01:48:55 am »
It's really sad but, whether Coons is a decent person or not, and whether he is against baby killing or not, No democrat dares to speak against it.

That's where the dem party is right now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:00:27 am »
Hell is the absence of God.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 02:06:14 am »
Hell is the absence of God.

I normally don't weigh into these types of discussions.  But I have to totally disagree with that old sage.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:12:12 am »
I normally don't weigh into these types of discussions.  But I have to totally disagree with that old sage.

OK, you can but it is true to me.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:23:32 am »
OK, you can but it is true to me.

Okay. I still think you are wrong.  But I am tired.  I will revisit it with you at a later date.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 02:36:42 am »
Okay. I still think you are wrong.  But I am tired.  I will revisit it with you at a later date.

Thinking and knowing are two totally different things.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 02:51:48 am »
Thinking and knowing are two totally different things.

If you knew anything you would just let it go and fight another day.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:58 am »
If you knew anything you would just let it go and fight another day.

That's why I don't argue with that dear lady, @The Ghost

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 06:02:47 am »
That's why I don't argue with that dear lady, @The Ghost

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 11:19:15 am »
ONe school of thought is that "Hell" is the complete/ total presence of God. This belief is based on the fact that evil finds God, love, and truth so abhorrent that the closer they are to Him the more torturous that it is, until His total presence completely consumes them with pain and agony.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 11:57:34 am »
It's really sad but, whether Coons is a decent person or not, and whether he is against baby killing or not, No democrat dares to speak against it.

That's where the dem party is right now.
That's the sad truth. It's hard to find a Democrat, especially in Congress, who takes a public stance against abortion. Don't want to rock the boat - and face the Pelosi/Schumer wrath.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 01:27:42 pm »
That's the sad truth. It's hard to find a Democrat, especially in Congress, who takes a public stance against abortion. Don't want to rock the boat - and face the Pelosi/Schumer wrath.

That’s because they don’t want to be the next Bart Stupak.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 03:01:11 pm »
I can't believe that taking a stance against killing babies, the most innocent of creatures, is considered controversial. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to stand in favor of killing children?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 03:40:29 pm »
I can't believe that taking a stance against killing babies, the most innocent of creatures, is considered controversial. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to stand in favor of killing children?
Whoever would have thought we'd be arguing about letting men in the ladies' rest room? The world is cuckoo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 06:43:58 pm »

That's what is scary about it.  I cannot believe that there isn't a single democrat who doesn't abhor the evil of rampant abortion.  I can believe that there isn't a single democrat who dares to condemn it in public.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 08:14:58 pm »
Whoever would have thought we'd be arguing about letting men in the ladies' rest room? The world is cuckoo.

True.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 08:41:55 pm »
I think they should have to watch one and see the dismembered body of a baby.....  Unbelievably sick.......