Author Topic: FEMA head resigns  (Read 317 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FEMA head resigns
« on: February 14, 2019, 01:11:55 am »
FEMA head resigns
By Jordan Fabian - 02/13/19 03:35 PM EST

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Brock Long announced Wednesday he is resigning, capping off a rocky tenure marked by ethics probes and scrutiny of his agency’s handling of a deadly hurricane in Puerto Rico.

In a statement, Long said he was stepping aside to spend more time with his family living in North Carolina.

“While this has been the opportunity of the lifetime, it is time for me to go home to my family — my beautiful wife and two incredible boys,” he said. “As a career emergency management professional, I could not be prouder to have worked alongside the devoted, hardworking men and women of FEMA for the past two years.”

Peter Gaynor, the agency’s deputy administrator, will serve as acting chief until President Trump nominates a replacement and that person is confirmed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429877-fema-head-to-resign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: FEMA head resigns
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 01:26:28 am »
Hell of a job there Longie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: FEMA head resigns
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:56:25 am »
No matter what was done in Puerto Rico, the corrupt administration there had set the country up for severe problems when the hurricane struck. With third world infrastructure, recovery was going to be a challenge, no matter who did it.

However, the government there chose to deflect blame from themselves for those conditions by blaming the very people who were there to help. Go Figure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis