Author Topic: New TBS Comedy ‘Miracle Workers’ Mocks God as Lazy, Inept and ‘Incredibly Needy’  (Read 440 times)

rangerrebew

New TBS Comedy ‘Miracle Workers’ Mocks God as Lazy, Inept and ‘Incredibly Needy’
By Dawn Slusher | February 13, 2019 2:15 AM EST

If the approximately 5,892,643 other attempts by Hollywood to mock and criticize God weren't enough, TBS’s new comedy Miracle Workers, which premiered on February 12, has just given us one more vehicle that does just that. Though there is no mention of Jesus yet, the Christian/Jewish God of The Bible is definitely the target, according to a Vanity Fair article titled, “How Miracle Workers Turns Heaven into a Corporate Hell.”

Based on the novel “What in God’s Name,” by Simon Rich, the show stars Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe (who was already a huge fan of the book) as anxious, overworked angel Craig who is solely responsible for answering the world’s prayers in the corporate world of Heaven called Heaven, Inc.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dawn-slusher/2019/02/13/new-tbs-comedy-miracle-workers-mocks-god-lazy-inept-and

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was pretty funny. Dawn Slusher needs to stop being so triggered.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My guilty pleasure is watching "God Friended Me".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
My guilty pleasure is watching "God Friended Me".

Can you imagine if this Dawn character was blogging when George Burns was in Oh! God? She may have needed a private safe space and avocado toast to calm her down.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Can you imagine if this Dawn character was blogging when George Burns was in Oh! God? She may have needed a private safe space and avocado toast to calm her down.

LOL.  Back then she would have been beside Tipper Gore and been a memeber of Parents Music Resource Center.  Or maybe more apropos...been with Terry Rakolta!!!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.