Author Topic: What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump
« on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:32 am »
1) Don't avoid confrontation. We often try so hard to be "nice." At all costs, we do not want to offend. But sometimes confrontation is necessary and important, and there are scores of biblical examples for this.  Nathan the prophet confronted King David (2 Samuel 12). Paul confronted Peter (Galatians 2). Proverbs even says, "Better is open rebuke than hidden love" (27:5). And the New Testament calls us to "speak the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15).

Again, I'm not implying that all of Trump's confrontational tactics are called for or that the way he confronts is always right. But it's clear that he will speak up and speak out when he feels the need, no matter how uncomfortable things become. Mixed with grace and wisdom, this is something we must learn to do as well. Don't be so afraid of uncomfortable confrontations.

2) Don't be a slave of public opinion. It's becoming increasingly clear that Trump controls the media much more than the media controls Trump. This is not to say that he doesn't care about polling and negative reports. Nor is this to say that we should turn a deaf ear to the voices of others. Shepherds need to be attentive to their sheep.  But all too often, as Christian leaders, we are more concerned with human opinion than divine opinion, more wanting to please other people than to please the Lord. And all too often, we tell people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.
And how many pastors and leaders are slaves to congregational numbers, to budgetary constraints, to the sensitivities of the community?

"I dare not speak out on this, lest I lose long-term members. I dare not take this stand, lest our donor base evaporates. I dare not get involved in this controversy, lest the community view me negatively."

https://www.christianpost.com/voice/what-christian-leaders-can-learn-from-donald-trump.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:08:20 am »
This article is very timely.  The main points:

1)Don't avoid confrontation.
2)Don't be a slave to public opinion.
3)Don't be afraid to ride out the storm.

Very timely.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 05:25:36 am »
1) Don't avoid confrontation. We often try so hard to be "nice." At all costs, we do not want to offend. But sometimes confrontation is necessary and important, and there are scores of biblical examples for this.  Nathan the prophet confronted King David (2 Samuel 12). Paul confronted Peter (Galatians 2). Proverbs even says, "Better is open rebuke than hidden love" (27:5). And the New Testament calls us to "speak the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15).

Again, I'm not implying that all of Trump's confrontational tactics are called for or that the way he confronts is always right. But it's clear that he will speak up and speak out when he feels the need, no matter how uncomfortable things become. Mixed with grace and wisdom, this is something we must learn to do as well. Don't be so afraid of uncomfortable confrontations.

2) Don't be a slave of public opinion. It's becoming increasingly clear that Trump controls the media much more than the media controls Trump. This is not to say that he doesn't care about polling and negative reports. Nor is this to say that we should turn a deaf ear to the voices of others. Shepherds need to be attentive to their sheep.  But all too often, as Christian leaders, we are more concerned with human opinion than divine opinion, more wanting to please other people than to please the Lord. And all too often, we tell people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.
And how many pastors and leaders are slaves to congregational numbers, to budgetary constraints, to the sensitivities of the community?

"I dare not speak out on this, lest I lose long-term members. I dare not take this stand, lest our donor base evaporates. I dare not get involved in this controversy, lest the community view me negatively."

https://www.christianpost.com/voice/what-christian-leaders-can-learn-from-donald-trump.html

Nicely said.  I think president Trump says things very well.  "bread & butter" technique.  I am NOT p.c. and I am blunt.
I sooooooo understand president TRUMP...and nothing, nothing,,,so far has me offended! HE IS CORRECT AND RIGHT.  How can anyone argue with being correct?  He is not here to make nice, massage our ego's, entertain us, although he does at time's, he is here to SAVE OUR COUNTRY.  Our way of life. The constitution, our country. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:17:23 am »
What Christian Leaders Can Learn From Donald Trump

If you let your sexual prey get too mature you will have to pay more than a candy bar and as much as $130,000 to use and degrade them like the President of the United States.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:30:29 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:22:12 pm »
Timely article and not just for religious people.

We have become so PC that we think twice before saying anything.  It's ridiculous.

I know Trump speaks too quickly sometimes but not too frankly.  I am so glad that he is secure enough to speak out, even if it's unpopular.

And, apparently, it is not unpopular because his approval rating keeps rising.

Sorry, NTers.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 11:15:18 pm »
I for one am grateful to Trump for his example.  Only a few years BT (Before Trump®️), I was shy and retiring; I let people walk all over me.  But he showed me life could be different.

I know of so many people he has helped in this way.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 05:36:46 am »
Timely article and not just for religious people.

We have become so PC that we think twice before saying anything.  It's ridiculous.

I know Trump speaks too quickly sometimes but not too frankly.  I am so glad that he is secure enough to speak out, even if it's unpopular.

And, apparently, it is not unpopular because his approval rating keeps rising.

Sorry, NTers.

P.C. is actually k!lling our country and us.   ... :thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 06:11:30 am »

P.C. is actually k!lling our country and us.   ... :thumbsup:

I agree.  People are leery of saying anything for fear someone, somewhere will take offense.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »
Yes its easy to see that Trump doesn't care about public opinion.  I have learned a lot about Trump and it is that he isn't a man of his word.  He signs legislation he says he doesn't like.  He promises a wall and hopes we will accept Obama style sections of fence and barriers.

Trump says walls work.  Israel doesn't have sections of wall.  It has a full wall on its border.  They are not pretending that a few miles here and there will protect them.  What I have learned is that Trump can give Planned Parenthood yuge sums of money.  That he can fund all of the Democratic party amnesty, illegal immigration and drug cartels wish lists.  He talks big, and so did Obama.  But bigly talk doesn't get the job done.  And all of what he does is very telling.  It tells me that he is weak, and spineless.  That is what I have learned from Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 08:52:24 pm »
The piety and sanctimony over Trump weighs several tonnes.
* He has been undisciplined since pre-teen days (as this Mother affirmed in the Family Biography)
   a reality she was well acquainted with; having raised all 6 children.
* He cannot judge character given the Cabinet of buffoons and schmucks he has appointed,
   led by Goober Sessions; as well as the frauds and hustlers like Cohen and Manafort he has
   surrounded himself w/over many decades.
* He cannot/will not reflect before yapping/tweeting.
* He instills derision rather than fear in his enemies.
* He does not know himself.
Other than that, he's another Pericles, w/the leadership qualities of Julius Caesar and the mind of Plato!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 09:45:46 pm »
For the record, the article also lists several things NOT to take from the President:
First, though, let me list some things that the president cannot teach us, including: 1) how to cultivate humility; 2) developing effective tools for personal Bible study 3) treating your opponents with civility and respect; 4) how to avoid divorce; 5) keys to sexual purity; 6) how to deny yourself; 7) developing a distinctive hairstyle for TV preachers. (Wait. That one might work!)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 09:59:52 pm »
The piety and sanctimony over Trump weighs several tonnes.
* He has been undisciplined since pre-teen days (as this Mother affirmed in the Family Biography)
   a reality she was well acquainted with; having raised all 6 children.
* He cannot judge character given the Cabinet of buffoons and schmucks he has appointed,
   led by Goober Sessions; as well as the frauds and hustlers like Cohen and Manafort he has
   surrounded himself w/over many decades.
* He cannot/will not reflect before yapping/tweeting.
* He instills derision rather than fear in his enemies.
* He does not know himself.
Other than that, he's another Pericles, w/the leadership qualities of Julius Caesar and the mind of Plato!

First of all, Trump's mother was a bitch who was totally helpless at handling a strong-willed child.  She just got rid of the problem by shipping him off to military school.

You are a buffoon yourself.  Trump came into office with not much knowledge of political inner-workings and has admitted he initially made some poor staff decisions.  But he has learned.

There is nothing factual you can say about his actions as President that indicate anything wrong.

You just don't like him.  Your whole post is a joke by a petulant Trump hater who will not give it up.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 10:09:45 pm »
First of all, Trump's mother was a bitch who was totally helpless at handling a strong-willed child.  She just got rid of the problem by shipping him off to military school.

You are a buffoon yourself.  Trump came into office with not much knowledge of political inner-workings and has admitted he initially made some poor staff decisions.  But he has learned.

There is nothing factual you can say about his actions as President that indicate anything wrong.

You just don't like him.  Your whole post is a joke by a petulant Trump hater who will not give it up.

:laughingdog: Your a hoot!  If not for anything else but entertainment.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 10:29:18 pm »
I thought from the beginning we were all hoping that Trump would be the one doing the learning.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 10:32:57 pm »
Agree with the OP by Michael Brown, Trump's a bit rough around the edges but straight-forward, a great Christian leader who we must support.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:45:57 am »
First of all, Trump's mother was a bitch

You say bitch, I say jackal, either way Biblical prophesy is confirmed.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:51 am »

Don't call my Mother a Bi1ch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 02:31:25 am »

Don't call my Mother a Bi1ch.

Your mother is just fine @corbe   Trump's mother was a bitch ... just look at her.  She's way scary.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:47 am »
Your mother is just fine @corbe   Trump's mother was a bitch ... just look at her.  She's way scary.

I have to say this is just hilarious.  Look at yourself @Emjay .  Using Trumps family to make an excuse for why he is the way he is.  I almost didn't post this because I was wondering what the next outrageous thing would be as to why Trump acts like he does.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:02:24 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 03:03:47 am »

-----------------------------------
Rarely do I retort to louts w/barn temperature IQ's and devoid of history but your
comments require a response, if for no other reason than to set the record straight.
Anne McLeod was born in the Hebrides Islands, one of 10, from an impoverished Gaelic/Scot Family. She immigrated to the USA in 1930, became a domestic servant and in time, married Fred trump; then raised a half-dozen successfully achieving children.
She is an example of the many European immigrants who came here seeking betterment,
worked tirelessly to find it and when they did, set an example for others to emulate.
Your epithet "She was a bitch totally helpless in handling a strong willed child" is the ignorant yet predictable slander of those addicted to abusive name calling and stupidity.
The decision to sent Trump to military school was raised/affirmed by his father because of behavioral traits the family believed needed correction. Obviously they did him a favor.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:05:06 am by Absalom »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 03:07:37 am »
-----------------------------------
Rarely do I retort to louts w/barn temperature IQ's and devoid of history but your
comments require a response, if for no other reason than to set the record straight.
Anne McLeod was born in the Hebrides Islands, one of 10, from an impoverished Gaelic/Scot Family. She immigrated to the USA in 1930, became a domestic servant and in time, married Fred trump; then raised a half-dozen successfully achieving children.
She is an example of the many European immigrants who came here seeking betterment,
worked tirelessly to find it and when they did, set an example for others to emulate.
Your epithet "She was a bitch totally helpless in handling a strong willed child" is the ignorant yet predictable slander of those addicted to abusive name calling and stupidity.
The decision to sent Trump to military school was raised/affirmed by his father because of behavioral traits the family believed needed correction. Obviously they did him a favor.

Its clear that her worship has evolved to character assassination.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 03:11:53 am »
But this one might run in his genes.

Trump’s grandfather won an election, too — in Monte Cristo

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:06pm

In 1896, the year William McKinley won the presidency, folks in the east Snohomish County mining town of Monte Cristo saw another name on the ballot: Frederick Trump.

Donald Trump’s paternal grandfather, a German immigrant whose ancestral surname was Drumpf, was elected Monte Cristo’s justice of the peace in 1896. It was 120 years before his bombastic grandson’s run for the White House. He won the Monte Cristo race by a landslide, 32-5.

Serving as justice of the peace wasn’t his only gig in town. Frederick Trump ran a Monte Cristo real estate office and a disreputable hotel.

“Prostitution was a sign of the times,” said David Cameron, a local historian who lives in Index. “With mining claims, there were a lot of single men.”

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/trumps-grandfather-won-an-election-too-in-monte-cristo/

Monte Cristo is a popular hike here in Washington.  I did it last summer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:12:41 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 03:12:59 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 03:34:03 am »

I will try to do better.  I wasn't fighting, just enjoying the entertainment.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 03:44:05 am »
   I admire both of ya, I truly do, politically, of course I camp in your tent @Chosen Daughter
   I still (after 2 years) find it amazing that the AT'ers expend so much energy telling me, of all people, what a fool I am.