Author Topic: Pope Francis Leading His Flock to the Slaughter?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Pope Francis Leading His Flock to the Slaughter?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:48 pm »
You mean I've been searching for the King Ahkmed version in vain?

Yes. You're so vain.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 02:04:13 pm »
You mean I've been searching for the King Ahkmed version in vain?
333cleo  Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 02:15:39 pm »
Yes. You're so vain.

She did have one eye in the mirror...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 02:27:10 pm »
Francis didn’t stop me from converting to Catholicism five years ago.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 02:29:09 pm »
Francis didn’t stop me from converting to Catholicism five years ago.

The guy needs to see the light.

Lighten up, Francis!

Someone needs to convert him to Catholicism.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 02:41:56 pm »
The guy needs to see the light.

Lighten up, Francis!

Someone needs to convert him to Catholicism.

Truth!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 02:43:39 pm »

Offline thackney

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 02:44:46 pm »
Indeed - what will make them irrelevant is bowing to social norms.

:thumbsup:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 02:55:41 pm »
You said, "No one denies there have been some bad popes in history, this anti-Catholic idiot apparently does not know anything about history." 
@TomSea
@roamer_1
@goodwithagun
@bigheadfred
I am Catholic but I don't join fighting about the Catholic Church or other Christian denominations.  Every church has officers/leaders made up of humans.  Humans screw up because they are humans.  The Pope screwing up doesn't affect my belief in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.  If a Baptist/Methodist/Presbyterian/etc. preacher screws up that doesn't affect their members believing in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:08:02 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:03 pm »
I am Catholic but I don't join fighting about the Catholic Church or other Christian denominations.  Every church has officers/leaders made up of humans.  Humans screw up because they are humans.  The Pope screwing up doesn't affect my belief in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.  If a Baptist/Methodist/Presbyterian/etc. preacher screws up that doesn't affect their members believing in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

That's right, @Victoria33, but you are mature in your faith.  Most are not and can be mislead by the man who is presented to them as God's representative on earth.   
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:09:47 pm by Sanguine »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 03:25:30 pm »
Can I get an Amen.

This place needs a little “Mississippi Squirrel Revival”!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2019, 03:31:58 pm »
That's right, @Victoria33, but you are mature in your faith.  Most are not and can be mislead by the man who is presented to them as God's representative on earth.
@Sanguine
@TomSea
@roamer_1
@goodwithagun
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty
@Freya

Sanguine, thanks for your post.  To make the New Testament easier for Bible readers, if you look in our lounge, in my writing corner separated from the usual gang by a divider, you will see I have started a new book, title is,

"THE NEW TESTAMENT - FOR THINKERS".  I am actually working on this book. 

I have had a hard time with Cyber Liberty, as he has been moving into a castle and I have been locked in the lounge during this time.  When he gets around to unlocking the lounge, he will find most of the alcohol bottles empty and no pastries left.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:41:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2019, 03:36:19 pm »
@Sanguine
@TomSea
@roamer_1
@goodwithagun
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty

Sanguine, thanks for your post.  To make the New Testament easier for Bible readers, if you look in our lounge, in my writing corner separated from the usual gang by a divider, you will see I have started a new book, title is,

I have had a hard time with Cyber Liberty, as he has been moving into a castle and I have been locked in the lounge during this time.  When he gets around to unlocking the lounge, he will find most of the alcohol bottles empty and no pastries left.

Sounds fascinating, @Victoria33.  I'm assuming God gave us brains for us to use.

Have you done much reading on Emanuel Swedenborg?  Very interesting. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 03:39:59 pm »
@Sanguine
@TomSea
@roamer_1
@goodwithagun
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty

That's why there is an emergency backup bar in the Castle.   333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 03:46:34 pm »
Taliban exploits Afghan riots over Koran burning
Officials say insurgents have used the riots as cover for attacks against Western and government targets and have reaped propaganda benefits by allying themselves with popular fury over the incident led by Florida pastor Terry Jones.
April 04, 2011|By Laura King, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Kabul, Afghanistan — One clear beneficiary has emerged from the wave of deadly riots that swept Afghanistan after members of a Florida evangelical church burned a copy of the Koran: the Taliban.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/04/world/la-fg-afghan-koran-riots-20110404

They may behave like petulant children and you can say, that is not a reason to cower in what you say but people have been killed because of what someone in the West is saying. There is also a case that can be made that Pope Benedict once said something and someone was killed in Africa out of revenge. I don't know if this article covers it, but here is an article on Pope Benedict and Islam. Once could go after him too. I don't think acts like this by the Pope will have much influence, the headline is over the top, the article isn't as bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI_and_Islam

Someone in one of those riots in Afghanistan was even beheaded, I forget if it was an American.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 04:04:09 pm »
@Sanguine
@TomSea
@roamer_1
@goodwithagun
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty
@Freya

I want to read your book. It sounds like a must
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 04:09:38 pm »
Sounds fascinating, @Victoria33.  I'm assuming God gave us brains for us to use. Have you done much reading on Emanuel Swedenborg?  Very interesting.
@Sanguine

Thanks for the name of this Swedish writer.  I will get his book, "Heaven and Hell".

From Wikipedia:
"Emanuel Swedberg; 29 January 1688[2] – 29 March 1772)[3] was a Swedish Lutheran theologian, scientist, philosopher and mystic.[4] He is best known for his book on the afterlife, Heaven and Hell (1758).[5][6]

Swedenborg had a prolific career as an inventor and scientist. In 1741, at 53, he entered into a spiritual phase in which he began to experience dreams and visions, beginning on Easter Weekend, on 6 April 1744. It culminated in a 'spiritual awakening' in which he received a revelation that he was appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ to write The Heavenly Doctrine to reform Christianity.[7] According to The Heavenly Doctrine, the Lord had opened Swedenborg's spiritual eyes so that from then on, he could freely visit heaven and hell to converse with angels, demons and other spirits and the Last Judgment had already occurred the year before, in 1757.[8]"

Offline verga

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 04:33:17 pm »

I am a revert to Catholicism, even dabbled on the fringes of Scientology for a while. I don't care what you believe, as long as you are not sacrificing small children or small fur bearing animals it's all good. If you tell the truth about the Catholic Church I am good as well, but when the bigots start lieing, all bets are off.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 04:40:04 pm »
Sounds fascinating, @Victoria33.  I'm assuming God gave us brains for us to use.

Have you done much reading on Emanuel Swedenborg?  Very interesting.
I was in Basic Training with a guy that was into his stuff. I remember that he went into a bookstore and asked for a book by him. The clerk told him "We don't carry books by cultists." I remember thinking wow that sounds like censorship to me. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 04:41:27 pm »
@Sanguine

Thanks for the name of this Swedish writer.  I will get his book, "Heaven and Hell".

From Wikipedia:
"Emanuel Swedberg; 29 January 1688[2] – 29 March 1772)[3] was a Swedish Lutheran theologian, scientist, philosopher and mystic.[4] He is best known for his book on the afterlife, Heaven and Hell (1758).[5][6]

Swedenborg had a prolific career as an inventor and scientist. In 1741, at 53, he entered into a spiritual phase in which he began to experience dreams and visions, beginning on Easter Weekend, on 6 April 1744. It culminated in a 'spiritual awakening' in which he received a revelation that he was appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ to write The Heavenly Doctrine to reform Christianity.[7] According to The Heavenly Doctrine, the Lord had opened Swedenborg's spiritual eyes so that from then on, he could freely visit heaven and hell to converse with angels, demons and other spirits and the Last Judgment had already occurred the year before, in 1757.[8]"

@Victoria33, look on Gutenberg first.  It may be there for free.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 05:04:39 pm »
@Victoria33, look on Gutenberg first.  It may be there for free.
@Sanguine

Yes, I was going to do that.  There are many books written in ages gone by now on the web. The web makes my research so easy.  In my earlier time, I was a constant person at physical libraries. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 11:25:44 pm »
Catholicism won't survive without people like Pope Francis. The world is changing. Major religions will either change with it or become irrelevant as the masses turn their backs on them.
-----------------------------------------------
So ''he world is changing", is it?
If so, does Roman Catholicism represent eternal or temporal values???

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 11:29:41 pm »
-----------------------------------------------
So ''he world is changing", is it?
If so, does Roman Catholicism represent eternal or temporal values???

It is what it is.  Don't try to over think it.