Author Topic: Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Popularity Plummets After Abortion Law  (Read 757 times)

rangerrebew

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Popularity Plummets After Abortion Law

12 Feb 2019

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s favorability rating fell to an all-time low following his passage of sweeping legislation expanding abortion access, a poll revealed Monday.

The Democratic governor’s approval rating fell by a remarkable 8 percentage points in just one month, from 51 percent to 43 percent, according to the Siena College poll.

Those who view Mr. Cuomo unfavorably also experienced a substantial leap, from 43 percent last month to 50 percent now. The Albany-area polling institute said that the governor’s popularity is at its lowest point ever since Cuomo took office in 2011.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2019/02/12/gov-andrew-cuomos-popularity-plummets-after-abortion-law/

rangerrebew

Re: Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Popularity Plummets After Abortion Law
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:30:14 pm »
Maybe the international political maven, AOC will challenge him in the next election. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 11:07:13 am »
It doesn't make a bit of difference, NYC is behind him, so he will be re-elected.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:41:36 pm »
Combine that with the huge budget shortfall that New York is facing and the unfunded pension liabilities he’s going to have a very tough tenure
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:20:09 pm »
Dirty little secret: even in liberal New York State, there is still a sizable "Jimmy Griffin Democrat" contingent: fiercely pro-life and not nearly as liberal as Cuomo. They're mostly in the upstate cities like Buffalo and their suburbs: Catholic, working class, and many of them Democrats solely because they support the union machine.

(James D. "Jimmy" Griffin was the mayor of Buffalo for 16 years. Although he was a registered Democrat, he was about as conservative as Democrats come.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:12 pm »
It doesn't make a bit of difference, NYC is behind him, so he will be re-elected.
If I ever ran for Governor... and if I had access to resources to run a statewide campaign I absolutely would consider it... I would run a "divide and conquer" campaign of sorts.

I already know that New York City is far more liberal on the whole than I am. So instead of trying to impose my philosophy on them, I would give them more power to run their own affairs, in exchange for letting the rest of the state have authority over their own. If Bill de Blasio and company want to make New York City a progressive capital, who am I to stop them?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:23 pm »
His approval rating is way too high.

43% of New Yorkers approve of their governor ...
- After he signed into law a bill that legalizes murder of an unwanted person that has survived birth. Push that goalpost out a little further
- The new law also shreds the pro-infanticide argument that abortions should be "safe..." because it now allows unlicensed practitioners to perform abortions...I guess back-alley abortions are ok now.
- The applause by the democrat controlled state legislature is ghoulish. It should have been soundly denounced. Have they applauded legislation that provides medical aid to veterans? The homeless?

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 03:15:52 pm »
Dirty little secret: even in liberal New York State, there is still a sizable "Jimmy Griffin Democrat" contingent: fiercely pro-life and not nearly as liberal as Cuomo. They're mostly in the upstate cities like Buffalo and their suburbs: Catholic, working class, and many of them Democrats solely because they support the union machine.

(James D. "Jimmy" Griffin was the mayor of Buffalo for 16 years. Although he was a registered Democrat, he was about as conservative as Democrats come.)
He got elected initially when his predecessor did a horrible job of getting the streets cleared after a blizzard. The Blizzard of 77 came and he went on TV and radio and told the public "Stay home, grab a six pack, and let the road crews do their job." The media castigated and vilified him. The streets were cleared in record time and the public loved him. During the next two blizzards y9ou can guess what the mantra was.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 03:29:58 pm »
His approval rating is way too high.

43% of New Yorkers approve of their governor ...
- After he signed into law a bill that legalizes murder of an unwanted person that has survived birth. Push that goalpost out a little further
- The new law also shreds the pro-infanticide argument that abortions should be "safe..." because it now allows unlicensed practitioners to perform abortions...I guess back-alley abortions are ok now.
- The applause by the democrat controlled state legislature is ghoulish. It should have been soundly denounced. Have they applauded legislation that provides medical aid to veterans? The homeless?
Make no mistake the Demoncrats are the party of
1) Infanticide
2) Misogyny
3) Racism
4) Illegal immigration
5) Anti-Semitism
6) Higher Taxes
7) Gun control
The party of stupid refuses to beat their opponents over the head with these facts, further they refuse to see that Trump has got the independents shifting toward him. These are topics that resonate solidly with the public in general.