Author Topic: Steve Bannon: 2019 will be 'nastiest year in American politics' since Civil War  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steve Bannon: 2019 will be 'nastiest year in American politics' since Civil War
by Katelyn Caralle
 | February 12, 2019 03:08 PM

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said that this year is going to be the “nastiest” in American politics in more than a century.

“2019 is going to be the nastiest year in American politics, I think, since before the Civil War,” Bannon said in an interview with "Vice News Tonight" on HBO.

Bannon touched on the ongoing battle in Washington over border security. He said supporters of President Trump will view anything short of his demand for $5.7 billion in border wall funding as a betrayal of his campaign promise to get a physical barrier built at the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I think myself and a lot of the hardcore Trump movement, I think it will be a walk-back,” Bannon said. “This, to us, is pretty black and white. You committed to build a wall, you’ve got to build a wall.”

With a short-term funding measure expiring at the end of the week, Bannon also said he thinks there is “zero chance” the president would allow another partial government shutdown.

Bannon said he is working with the team behind "We Build the Wall," which was started by triple-amputee veteran Brian Kolfage. Kolfage started a GoFundMe page to privately fund the construction of a southern border wall and has raised millions of dollars.

video at link
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/steve-bannon-2019-will-be-nastiest-year-in-american-politics-since-civil-war
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And, we know how that turned out.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The good news is that now that it's political season, we're now in the "Road to Des Moines" period, where nobody believes anything they don't already believe beforehand.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hyperbole much?

Or just a lack of understanding of history?

Offline corbe

The South could win it this time since we've improved our Industrial base in the last 154 years.   /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.