Author Topic: McConnell to set up vote on Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal  (Read 664 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell to set up vote on Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:34:33 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 02/12/19 02:27 PM EST

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Tuesday that the Senate will vote on the Green New Deal, an environmental and energy plan touted by progressives.

The deal has no chances of passing the Senate, where it will need 60 votes.

But it will force Senate Democrats, including a slew of 2020 presidential candidates, to vote on the proposal — potentially providing votes for McConnell and the GOP to exploit.

“We’re going to voting on that in the Senate. Give everybody an opportunity to go on record,” McConnell told reporters.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/429635-mcconnell-to-set-up-vote-on-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McConnell to set up vote on Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:39:30 pm »
...hmm not so sure that he's going to get the outcome that he hopes.  70 DEMS have already gone on record in support of the Green  Deal. The majority of DEMS even if they see its absurdity, may vote along party lines to oppose Trump.  That's a scary thought should the DEMS win in 2020 and/or after.

Unless the GOP can significantly discredit this plan to the majority of the American people and show how the GOP plan is much better, than I see this doing much more harm than good.

BTW --- what is the GOP plan going forward to compete with this??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »
It is beautiful.  AOC will go absolutely apoplectic.  The eyes will bug, the shit talk will flow! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 02/12/19 02:27 PM EST

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/429635-mcconnell-to-set-up-vote-on-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal

I'll have to hand it to Turtle.   Excellent move.  Put thie idiot dims on record of maybe the most gut busting laughingest stupid thing they have ever come up with.

I assume AOC will get the EPA to come up some way in air quality to measure Cow Farts Per Million,
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:55:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:55:50 pm »
Bad move by Turtle.

Yes it will fail with a party line vote...but the Dems will se that as inspiration to retake the Senate to push this deal through...they will never see it as a loss or defeat.

It's how they work.  And eventually they'll get their Green New (raw) Deal.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:57:12 pm »
I'll have to hand it to Turtle.   Excellent move.  Put thie idiot dims on record of maybe the most gut busting laughingest stupid thing they have ever come up with.

What nn embarrassment of riches these rats are!  Picking a highlight is going to be hard.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:09:10 pm »
    As if there aren't other more important $hit to be working on than showing up your colleagues, this whole thing has become an exercise in futility.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 09:54:05 pm »
As if there aren't other more important $hit to be working on than showing up your colleagues, this whole thing has become an exercise in futility.

He’ll bring this up, but leaves USMCA on hold. That’s got to be a message.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 09:57:31 pm »
   McCarthy and McConnell are worthless individuals.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.