Author Topic: Trump: 'Can't say I'm happy' with border security deal  (Read 6026 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump: 'Can't say I'm happy' with border security deal
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 06:46:41 pm »
I would not go that far @Cyber Liberty but it would certainly cause a temporary disappointment.

I thought Trump seemed a little dispirited in the press conference this morning.  I think a lot of people are pulling at him to go different ways and some of those people are big fat cowards.

Trump did mention declaring a national emergency and cited several president who had done so.  He insisted the wall would get built.  I believe he really doesn't want another shutdown but whether he'll sign that crappy bill to avoid it, I'm not sure.

While this is going on, Trump is slowly and surely building strong support for a wall among the people and strong support for his own presidency.

I will pray for him to make the right decision.

It's hard to know what's the right decision.  It's why people are just refusing to pay attention and are just waiting until something comes out of the sausage factory.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:56 pm »
apropos of nothing

Where have all the heroes gone?

Davy Crockett looks over the wall of the Alamo and sees 25,000 Mexicans marching towards them. He turns to Jim Bowie and says, "Looks like we're gonna pour some concrete".

"Heroes" don't do that anymore.  They just run for the US Senate in AZ.   9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 06:49:25 pm »
Well, he could also sign the deal to avoid a shutdown, then quietly utilize the funds that are available constitutionally and get the remainder of the wall built.  Last resort; in additional to signing to avoid a shut down, then declare a national emergency.  It would go through the courts with a possibility that he'd win.  Meanwhile he still would have immediate funds for 55 miles.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 06:49:54 pm »
"Heroes" don't do that anymore.  They just run for the US Senate in AZ.   9999hair out0000

That sounds like a great hiding place.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 06:51:18 pm »
Good advice. It's a long slow process and everyone wants things resolved immediately.

I'm sticking with Trump. He is relentless and he is smart enough to know he has no chance of being re-elected if he doesn't build the wall.

Me, too @bilo  and, sorry, but I'm just naive enough to believe that Trump cares about America and actually believes we need a wall.  He makes that case passionately.

A lot of people around here think it is so easy, but Trump came in with a less than enthusiastic support from his own party, a lot of leftover angst from the election, and the nastiest bunch of democrats we've had in a while, and that's saying something.

I think he's done really well, slowly building more real support in his party and increasing his popularity among the public, while making real accomplishments in the economy, the job picture, trade, foreign policy and so much else.

I think Trump should declare a national emergency and be done with it, but I think he's facing from real fear and opposition from advisors and other Republicans.  I hope he ignores them but he can't just flip them off.

He needs our support.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 06:52:57 pm »
apropos of nothing

Where have all the heroes gone?

Davy Crockett looks over the wall of the Alamo and sees 25,000 Mexicans marching towards them. He turns to Jim Bowie and says, "Looks like we're gonna pour some concrete".

wop wop

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 06:59:28 pm »
Well, he could also sign the deal to avoid a shutdown, then quietly utilize the funds that are available constitutionally and get the remainder of the wall built.  Last resort; in additional to signing to avoid a shut down, then declare a national emergency.  It would go through the courts with a possibility that he'd win.  Meanwhile he still would have immediate funds for 55 miles.

You can forget the original emergency declaration, as it was understood. It’s a pyrrich victory, because it gives the next inevitable Dem president free hand for their pet issues. That is the same reason you have seen the nuclear option exercise on personnel appointment, but not fiscal issues. It’s a political boomerang.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 07:02:11 pm »
In the same exchange, where he says ‘I’m not happy,’ he also said he took ownership of the last shutdown, always had, and was proud of it. He’s not even pretending to be honest, anymore.
@edpc

"Fake News Trump" is always Fake News Trump.  Or, in other words, "Liar Trump".  His lies are the best lies than anyone in the world ever had.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 07:11:08 pm »

You can forget the original emergency declaration, as it was understood. It’s a pyrrich victory, because it gives the next inevitable Dem president free hand for their pet issues. That is the same reason you have seen the nuclear option exercise on personnel appointment, but not fiscal issues. It’s a political boomerang.

That's why I stated declaring a national emergency as a last resort.  There are other ways to get funding.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:11:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 07:17:02 pm »
That's why I stated declaring a national emergency as a last resort.  There are other ways to get funding.

We need to stop living in fear of what the next democrat who gets office will do.  It will be a disaster whatever Trump does.  And it's not as if declaring a national emergency is unheard of.  Trump cited several prior presidents who had done so and he certainly can point to as great an emergency, when people join forces hundreds of miles away and march to invade.

And @libertybele since you have such a handy supply of 'other ways' why don't you mention them to the President.

Offline edpc

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 07:22:31 pm »
We need to stop living in fear of what the next democrat who gets office will do.  It will be a disaster whatever Trump does.  And it's not as if declaring a national emergency is unheard of.  Trump cited several prior presidents who had done so and he certainly can point to as great an emergency, when people join forces hundreds of miles away and march to invade.

Yes, you do have to worry about it. If the wall construction can be declared a national emergency, then gun control can be one, in the future, after a mass shooting. Similar declarations can be made for climate change, healthcare, etc.

And @libertybele since you have such a handy supply of 'other ways' why don't you mention them to the President.

It’s precisely what Sarah Sanders had said, prior to the December shutdown. Also, it’s what Mulvaney had been discussing, over the past couple days.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/18/sanders_the_president_has_asked_every_agency_to_find_money_to_pay_for_wall.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429313-mulvaney-trump-can-move-money-around-to-get-wall-funding
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:26:35 pm by edpc »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:33 pm »

If politics were all that mattered to him all Trump would need to do is declare the emergency. It wouldn't matter the outcome in the courts, his supporters wouldn't hold him accountable for what the 9th circuit court or squishy GOP congressmen say, they'd credit him for doing everything he could.

It seems he really does want to accomplish this the 'right' way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:24:11 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:56 pm »

All we would have to do to cure that "fear" would be to make the Rat party illegal.  It was Rats not worrying about what happens when the GOP is in power is how the Filibuster became crippled.  They either assumed the GOP would never win elections again or didn't care about the long-term damage they were doing.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 07:24:59 pm »

Yes, you do have to worry about it. If the wall construction can be declared a national emergency, then gun control can be one, in the future, after a mass shooting.  Similar decorations to be made for climate change, healthcare, etc.

I think you said it better than I...thanks.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 07:27:23 pm »

What if the Dem declare a National Emergency on the Climate? Then they will implement the Green New Deal via Executive Action.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 07:28:06 pm »
I think you said it better than I...thanks.

Except autocorrect changed ‘declarations’ to ‘decorations’ – LOL. I need to proofread better.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »
I am completely in support of gun control.

Don't fire until you see the white of their lies.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline verga

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 07:32:19 pm »
El Chapo got convicted. I hear he has some spare change we can use to fund the wall.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 07:33:41 pm »

Except autocorrect changed ‘declarations’ to ‘decorations’ – LOL. I need to proofread better.

I like "decorations" for this...
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:25 pm »
Anyone else getting a déjà vu feeling? Time and again, he’s shown to be a terrible negotiator. The only thing that has prevented disaster is pushback, from the base and pundits. Last year, around the same time...

"I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with.," he said. "I am very much reliant on the people in this room. I know most of the people on both sides; have a lot of respect for the people on both sides, and my -- what I approve is going to be very much reliant on what the people in this room come to me with. I have great confidence in the people. If they come to me with things that I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/09/trump_promises_to_sign_an_answer_for_daca_that_will_be_a_bill_of_love.html

I expect this legislation will get signed and we will have another ‘never again’ protest ceremony, as we did with the omnibus bill, last year.

Smells just like the "repeal" of Obamacare all over again.

Can't wait to see how this is explained away when he signs the bill.  The shutdown will have been for nothing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 07:39:48 pm »

Whatever is he gonna do now that his 'one trick pony' has been exposed as incapable?

*If you think this is discombobulated my first two picks were an image of Trump on toast or a Ted Cruz with the campaign slogan of 'Hindsight is 2020', you can thank me later.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 07:44:13 pm »

Yes, you do have to worry about it. If the wall construction can be declared a national emergency, then gun control can be one, in the future, after a mass shooting. Similar declarations can be made for climate change, healthcare, etc.

It’s precisely what Sarah Sanders had said, prior to the December shutdown. Also, it’s what Mulvaney had been discussing, over the past couple days.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/18/sanders_the_president_has_asked_every_agency_to_find_money_to_pay_for_wall.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429313-mulvaney-trump-can-move-money-around-to-get-wall-funding

That National Emergency Law even has provisions in it to allow the government to take over sectors of industry.

The next Dem president simply has to declare a "national emergency" over gun violence and next thing you know...under this law the Feds are taking over the gun manufacturers and shutting them down.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 07:44:20 pm »
Smells just like the "repeal" of Obamacare all over again.

Can't wait to see how this is explained away when he signs the bill.  The shutdown will have been for nothing.

You can expect it to be similar to the Obamacare saga. They will cite ‘progress’ as victory. The individual mandate is gone, so you should be ecstatic. Similarly, 55 miles of wall is the same thing as fulfilling the campaign promise. You just need to re-elect him in 2020, because it needs to be completed and this time, he really, really means it. Pinky promise.

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 08:00:52 pm »
That National Emergency Law even has provisions in it to allow the government to take over sectors of industry.

The next Dem president simply has to declare a "national emergency" over gun violence and next thing you know...under this law the Feds are taking over the gun manufacturers and shutting them down.

Just a few days ago…

David Hogg: Trump Should Declare Gun Violence as Emergency

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/897307?section=newsfront&keywords=david-hogg-trump-gun-control&year=2019&month=01&date=08&id=897307&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:40 pm »