Author Topic: Trump: 'Can't say I'm happy' with border security deal  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump: 'Can't say I'm happy' with border security deal
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019, 02:03:29 am »
I'm a Trump supporter, but if he thinks this "deal" is going to be enough... well, that's gonna cost him in 2020.

Then again, the writer of "The Art of the Deal" probably has a compulsion to achieve one, if only to boast that he made "a deal". But that alone don' make America great again.

Mr. Trump has to circumvent Congress on this, using the granted powers that Congress has already bestowed upon the president with existing law. That's the only way that substantial progress towards completion of the border barrier is going to be attained in time to have an impact on the 2020 elections.

The democrat-communists will try to stop him, but I think the courts will fall on his side (in those matters that will be raised before the courts), and I don't believe Congress will override his actions (takes 2/3 in BOTH houses).

This is one of those historical situations where the president has to break new ground, and step outside the boundaries of traditional restraint.

America is under invasion -- an invasion of civilians, perhaps, but an invasion nonetheless.

It's time to put a stop to it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 02:08:22 am »
Then again, the writer of "The Art of the Deal" probably has a compulsion to achieve one, if only to boast that he made "a deal".

I don’t think Tony Schwartz really cares.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 02:12:37 am »
I'm a Trump supporter, but if he thinks this "deal" is going to be enough... well, that's gonna cost him in 2020.

Then again, the writer of "The Art of the Deal" probably has a compulsion to achieve one, if only to boast that he made "a deal". But that alone don' make America great again.

Mr. Trump has to circumvent Congress on this, using the granted powers that Congress has already bestowed upon the president with existing law. That's the only way that substantial progress towards completion of the border barrier is going to be attained in time to have an impact on the 2020 elections.

The democrat-communists will try to stop him, but I think the courts will fall on his side (in those matters that will be raised before the courts), and I don't believe Congress will override his actions (takes 2/3 in BOTH houses).

This is one of those historical situations where the president has to break new ground, and step outside the boundaries of traditional restraint.

America is under invasion -- an invasion of civilians, perhaps, but an invasion nonetheless.

It's time to put a stop to it.

But, will Trump put a stop to it?  That's what we're all waiting to see. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 02:22:17 am »

Or, at a minimum, find and execute a work-around.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2019, 02:27:43 am »

If you watched the clip from today, methinks the President has had enough of this bullshit with "negotiations" and he's going to take what they give him and move money around to fund the wall to at least the $5.7 billion mark.  @libertybele 

He's gonna build the damn wall if he has to do it himself.  He promised and beyond that .... he knows it will work to the security of the American people.

Offline edpc

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2019, 02:34:41 am »
If you watched the clip from today, methinks the President has had enough of this bullshit with "negotiations" and he's going to take what they give him and move money around to fund the wall to at least the $5.7 billion mark.  @libertybele 

He's gonna build the damn wall if he has to do it himself.  He promised and beyond that .... he knows it will work to the security of the American people.

Sure he is. In fact, he's got enough to fund the whole project. Yet, we continue to see this drawn out spectacle. It's really not funny, anymore.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/12/trump-government-shutdown-1166882

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Was just presented the concept and parameters of the Border Security Deal by hard working Senator Richard Shelby. Looking over all aspects knowing that this will be hooked up with lots of money from other sources....

5:47 PM · Feb 12, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

....Will be getting almost $23 BILLION for Border Security. Regardless of Wall money, it is being built as we speak!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:37:50 am by edpc »

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2019, 02:40:20 am »
No matter what happens, y'all know this won't hurt Trump, at least not with his core supporters.  They'll just rationalize it away and blame anybody but him.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2019, 02:40:43 am »

Sure he is. In fact, he's got enough to fund the whole project. Yet, we continue to see this drawn out spectacle. It's really not funny, anymore.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Was just presented the concept and parameters of the Border Security Deal by hard working Senator Richard Shelby. Looking over all aspects knowing that this will be hooked up with lots of money from other sources....

....Will be getting almost $23 BILLION for Border Security. Regardless of Wall money, it is being built as we speak!

I already have a big juicy hamburder.
I was only saying "I would gladly pay you tuesday..." because the hamburder is so delicious I want to build two hamburders.

Offline edpc

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2019, 02:46:31 am »
No matter what happens, y'all know this won't hurt Trump, at least not with his core supporters.  They'll just rationalize it away and blame anybody but him.

I can't wait to see how Hannity squares it, after saying 'garbage compromise' that will have to be explained by Republicans who support it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2019, 02:48:24 am »

Saw the videos of new wall in your other posts.  Thank you.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2019, 03:32:56 am »
Sounds like resignation and realization the deal will pass.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I want to thank all Republicans for the work you have done in dealing with the Radical Left on Border Security. Not an easy task, but the Wall is being built and will be a great achievement and contributor toward life and safety within our Country!

9:23 PM · Feb 12, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2019, 03:44:17 am »
Sounds like resignation and realization the deal will pass.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I want to thank all Republicans for the work you have done in dealing with the Radical Left on Border Security. Not an easy task, but the Wall is being built and will be a great achievement and contributor toward life and safety within our Country!

9:23 PM · Feb 12, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Give it a day....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2019, 03:50:55 am »

I can't wait to see how Hannity squares it, after saying 'garbage compromise' that will have to be explained by Republicans who support it.

@edpc

Sean will pivot like he never mentioned it before.  He knows it's all theatre, anyway.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2019, 04:41:44 am »
It's really cute how the NTers among us are having so much fun that the democrats are hurting the country. 

Americans are hurt; we'll get no wall; but Trump didn't get his way so let's chortle it up.

Sad.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2019, 04:50:58 am »
    Has it ever occurred to you @Emjay that when a person is really stressed and disappointed in the outcome of his/her expectations he/she may make silly jokes about something really, really serious?
    I didn't think you'd buy it but I thought I might throw it out there anyway to see if it sticks so I can use it later.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2019, 04:56:53 am »
It's really cute how the NTers among us are having so much fun that the democrats are hurting the country. 
I can't speak for other NTs but hurting the country don't enter into it.  That was gonna happen no matter who won 2016...it's your tears I use to lubricate my fist for my circle of friends.

Now say it again...but slowly...and please describe what you are wearing.

Offline edpc

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2019, 07:16:52 am »
Sean will pivot like he never mentioned it before.

No matter what, I fully expect Don and Sean to be spooning with some Quarter Pounders and Shari’s Berries on Thursday.

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:43 am »
Here it comes Trumpsters...

Another huge victory by President Trump....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1095469447933059073

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

3:47 PM - 12 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1095469449052868610

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

3:47 PM - 12 Feb 2019

Congratulations the wall was built.  You won.  The shutdown wasn't for nuthin'  Yippee!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:39:54 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2019, 07:44:41 am »
That National Emergency Law even has provisions in it to allow the government to take over sectors of industry.

The next Dem president simply has to declare a "national emergency" over gun violence and next thing you know...under this law the Feds are taking over the gun manufacturers and shutting them down.
Not to mention chaining the doors shut at every sporting goods store...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2019, 07:51:27 am »
As if !!  We cannot go around worrying about what the dems will do if they get in power.  Actually, we should worry about it, but the point is they will not hesitate to try and pass outrageously stupid and harmful legislation no matter what Trump does.

Trump should do what he thinks best.
No, @Emjay , he should uphold his oath and go by the Constitution.  Power, once usurped, is often only bought back in blood.

There is no way he should use that power for anything but a clear National Emergency, and unfortunately, this can be played down by the media enough that the established precedent could be used by the next Democrat POTUS to clear off the Communists' shopping list of crazy crap that will spell the end of this Republic.

Damned straight we need to worry about what the next Democrat will do, and don't hand them the precedent to do it with.

All future 'emergencies' can be compared to this crisis, and if Trump DOESN'T use that power for this, then a future POTUS can be held to task for lesser issues, and even denied that power.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2019, 10:06:08 pm »
No, @Emjay , he should uphold his oath and go by the Constitution.  Power, once usurped, is often only bought back in blood.

There is no way he should use that power for anything but a clear National Emergency, and unfortunately, this can be played down by the media enough that the established precedent could be used by the next Democrat POTUS to clear off the Communists' shopping list of crazy crap that will spell the end of this Republic.

Damned straight we need to worry about what the next Democrat will do, and don't hand them the precedent to do it with.

All future 'emergencies' can be compared to this crisis, and if Trump DOESN'T use that power for this, then a future POTUS can be held to task for lesser issues, and even denied that power.

Perhaps, I'm misinterpreting what you'r estating, but mobs of migrants coming across our borders by the thousands, an opioid epidemic in this country because of the drugs coming across this border and kids being raped to get to the border (sometimes 30 times a day or more) is an EMERGENCY!!!

Bammy, Clinton, 'W', Reagan and Carter ALL declared national emergencies.  So ... it isn't like Trump will be the first president that has found it as a necessity to do so.

He tried going through Congress, there are other ways around the obstruction, but I believe this President needs to do what is necessary to protect this country.  That IS his duty.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:07:03 pm by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:08 pm »
Not to mention chaining the doors shut at every sporting goods store...

Except in Montana.