Author Topic: Trump: ‘Phony’ if I were to get a White House dog  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: ‘Phony’ if I were to get a White House dog
« on: February 12, 2019, 02:09:18 pm »
Trump: ‘Phony’ if I were to get a White House dog
By John Bowden - 02/12/19 09:05 AM EST

Share to Twitter

President Trump joked at a rally Monday night that it would appear "phony" for him to adopt a dog during his presidency.

During Monday's event, the president told an anecdote about inspecting drug detection devices, which he said cost "a lot of money" but were less effective than traditional measures for detecting drugs, including drug detection dogs.

"Guy looks at me, and he goes 'sir, honestly, it's not as good' [as the dogs]," Trump told a cheering crowd in El Paso, Texas.

"Can you believe that? A German Shepherd," Trump added, as the crowd laughed. "You do love your dogs, don't you?"

Trump went on, imagining what it would be like for him to adopt an official pet for the White House.

"I wouldn't mind having one, honestly, but I don't have the time," Trump said. "How would I look walking a dog on the White House lawn?"

"Feels a little phony, phony to me," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429553-trump-phony-if-i-were-to-get-a-white-house-dog
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Trump: ‘Phony’ if I were to get a White House dog
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »
At least he's honest about that. I weep for the poor animals used as props by former presidents.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump: ‘Phony’ if I were to get a White House dog
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:33:43 pm »
At least he's honest about that. I weep for the poor animals used as props by former presidents.

I agree.  Those poor animals were unloved and neglected.  Maybe a staffer took care of the critter because it was part of the job, not out of love for the animal.  Bu the presidents and their families didn't really care about them.

And didn't the Clintons let their dog out and he was hit by a car?