Author Topic: ocasio-cortez falsely attacks senate GOP for ignoring bill that hasn't passed house  (Read 1077 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The dimwit has learned nothing since her "inauguration." I guess she's chomping on the bit to "sign bills." AOC seems incapable of learning. **nononono*

"Ocasio-Cortez received thousands of retweets for a tweet claiming that the "For the People Act" had passed the House with over two hundred cosponsors. "Now it’s at the Senate," she wrote. "GOP is calling getting money out of politics a ‘power grab.'"

H.R. 1 is actually still before a series of House committees, including the House Oversight and Reform Committee of which Ocasio-Cortez is a member. Ocasio-Cortez's mistake is particularly odd as it comes a few days after the congresswoman went viral for a series of questions she posed during her committee's hearing on H.R. 1, a hearing that ended without the bill being marked up or sent to the House floor.

North Carolina Congresswoman Virginia Foxx, a Republican member of the House Oversight Committee, pointed out her colleague's error in her own tweet.

Ocasio-Cortez responded by adding a "quick correction" in the replies to the tweet, while leaving the erroneous tweet up."

https://freebeacon.com/issues/ocasio-cortez-falsely-attacks-senate-gop-for-ignoring-bill-that-hasnt-passed-house/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:10:36 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

She is very similar to the late Senator Wellstone. When he got to the Senate, he had a list of people he was going to confront and he thought everyone in Washington were simply going to roll over for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The ignoramus is operating on sheer self-righteousness, promoting a failed, statist economic plan. It's apparent she doesn't know what is going on in Congress-and won't bother to learn-but still tweets it out and her brainwashed followers lap it up.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Geez louise... that's the last thought I need.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Where are her tits today?  They are MIA.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Where are her tits today?  They are MIA.
They're still there... but she dresses a lot more, er, conservatively now. Plus, you'd be surprised of how few pictures of her there are showing below the shoulders.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They're still there... but she dresses a lot more, er, conservatively now. Plus, you'd be surprised of how few pictures of her there are showing below the shoulders.

That was true of Debbie Blabbermouth Shultz.  Eventually, I could see the long shots of her stepping out from behind a Lectern.  That's when I figured out why.

I also found out that brain bleach doesn't always work.   :scared smiley:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: