Author Topic: President Trump's Comments on Proposed Border Wall Deal  (Read 780 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump's Comments on Proposed Border Wall Deal
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:04 am »
President Trump's Comments on Proposed Border Wall Deal
NBC, Feb 12, 2019, YouTube

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDbNKyR_GA

Re: President Trump's Comments on Proposed Border Wall Deal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:56 am »
Sounds like the President's had enough of this bullshit and he's going to move money around to fund the wall at least to the $5.7 billion mark, if not in full.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 02:16:35 am »
Sounds like the President's had enough of this bullshit and he's going to move money around to fund the wall at least to the $5.7 billion mark, if not in full.
You say "sounds like" because there is no substance to his incoherent response. 
"It's all going to happen, where we're going to build a beautiful, big, strong wall." 
"I’m thrilled. Because we’re supplementing things and moving things around and we’re doing things that are fantastic, and taking from far less, really from far less important areas.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-cabinet-meeting-13/

I don't know why all y'all are worried...

"And the bottom line is we’re building a lot of wall. Right now, we’re building a lot of wall."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:18 am »

That's what I heard as well, he's moving money around from areas that aren't that important -- we are gong to have a beautiful wall.  He doesn't think that gov't is going to get shutdown and if it does, it will be the DEMS fault.

Waiting now to see how the DEMS respond to this.  If they shut down the gov't ... I think it will be much longer than the last one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21:29 am »
You say "sounds like" because there is no substance to his incoherent response. 
"It's all going to happen, where we're going to build a beautiful, big, strong wall." 
"I’m thrilled. Because we’re supplementing things and moving things around and we’re doing things that are fantastic, and taking from far less, really from far less important areas.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-cabinet-meeting-13/

I don't know why all y'all are worried...

"And the bottom line is we’re building a lot of wall. Right now, we’re building a lot of wall."

Actually, I thought the President was very coherent.  He's taking $$ from areas that are less important and putting it towards the wall.  Not sure how much clearer that could have been stated.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 02:31:34 am »
Actually, I thought the President was very coherent.  He's taking $$ from areas that are less important and putting it towards the wall.  Not sure how much clearer that could have been stated.
He said nothing, and he's doing nothing but watching TV.  The Congress will send him a budget and he will sign it, or let it become law by waiting.  In the end he will get the law he says he doesn't like.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 02:39:57 am »

You asked for it @Once-Ler   Enjoy, sweetie and sleep tight.....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 02:41:38 am »
He said nothing, and he's doing nothing but watching TV.  The Congress will send him a budget and he will sign it, or let it become law by waiting.  In the end he will get the law he says he doesn't like.

He stated he's adding things to the bill and if the gov't shuts down it's due to the DEMS.  Meanwhile, he's pulling $$ from other areas to get the wall built.  Even IF he signs the bill as is, it gives him $$ for an additional 55 miles of wall.  He stated that he's doing what he can to work around all the obstruction.  I believe him.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 04:49:20 am »
You asked for it @Once-Ler   Enjoy, sweetie and sleep tight.....

If you're happy with 11 blocks of fence so am I sweetie.  Mission Accomplished!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:37 am »
It's been over 12 hours since President Trump revealed we are already building the Wall.

We’re building a wall. And now I’m saying we’re finishing the wall. We just started a big, big section on the Rio Grande. You probably saw it. Some of you were there when they started. You went there; you didn’t believe it. You went there, and you see trucks all over the place. You said, “Hey, he’s not kidding.” I don’t kid. I never kid about construction. I love construction. (Laughter.) And I know how to do it for the right price. And we’re getting a beautiful-looking structure that’s also less expensive to build and works much better. That’s a good combination of events, because it was crazy what they were putting up.

In fact, I happen to think that the walls that they were building were so unattractive and so ugly that walls got bad names. Okay? If that means anything. But they were so ugly, with rusted steel and big ugly plates on top that were all tin-canned. It’s called tin-canned, where they’re wavy, because the heat makes them expand and contract, and they’re tin-canned.

I said, “Why didn’t you paint the steel?” “Well, sir, we save money by not painting.” And I said, “Yeah, but it’s going to rust. You have to paint.” I’ve never seen — I’ve ordered a lot of steel — I’ve never seen, in my whole life, steel come to me that was unpainted. This can only happen at the border. It wasn’t me; it was our past geniuses.

Rush Limbaugh added
“I just think somebody is so out of their gourds on this because of their ongoing belief that Trump is some ogre and not sophisticated, not capable, not an individual thinker, and he just -- they still don’t know who the man is. They still don’t know who they’re dealing with.”

Congratulations Trump fans.  You always believed the Wall would be built and President Trump now says it just needs to be finished. What is super awesome is I'm happy and your happy.  This is a win/win.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 12:27:18 pm »
Trump: "A lot of wall has been built."

Laura Ingraham: "I must have missed the wall being built... That's not a wall. Stop saying it's a wall. There's no wall... I know it's bad cause he made the promise but they're not building the wall so you gotta stop saying that."

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheContemptor/status/1072700621537624064

For President Trump, chants and signs saying “Build the wall” are so 2016 — “Finish the wall” is his new rallying cry. Yet two years into his term, not one new mile of a barrier has been erected along the nearly 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border.

At a rally in El Paso on Monday night, Trump went so far as to declare that nearby, just that day, “the big beautiful wall right on the Rio Grande” had gotten underway. In fact, some brush was cleared in anticipation of construction, according to a check with the Homeland Security Department.

https://ktla.com/2019/02/12/trump-pivots-to-finish-the-wall-yet-no-new-border-barriers-have-been-built-during-his-presidency/amp/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:46:59 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.