Author Topic: Trump calls on Omar to resign over remarks condemned as anti-Semitic  (Read 513 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls on Omar to resign over remarks condemned as anti-Semitic
By Jordan Fabian - 02/12/19 12:29 PM EST

President Trump on Tuesday called on Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) to resign for comments on Israel that were criticized as anti-Semitic.

“I think she should either resign from Congress or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump said of the freshman lawmaker.

Omar apologized on Monday for suggesting that U.S. support for a Jewish state is the result of money flowing from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, an influential pro-Israel lobbying group.

The comments were quickly condemned by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and other Democratic leaders.

The president said Omar’s comments are “deep seeded in her heart” and called her apology “lame.”

Omar, one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress, has long faced charges of anti-Semitism.

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel,” she tweeted in 2012, before she was a member of Congress.

Trump faced condemnation from Jewish groups and civil-rights organizations in 2017 over his claim that there were good people on “both sides” of a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., where an anti-racist protester was killed by one of the rally attendees.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429609-trump-calls-on-omar-to-resign-over-remarks-condemned-as-anti-semitic
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump calls on Omar to resign over remarks condemned as anti-Semitic
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:37:16 pm »
The rats have a hypocrisy problem.  KKK loving and Jew hating is acceptable and they welcome it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:09 pm »
If she wants to be a politician she can go back to Somalia IIRC she has ties to the government in Mogadishu.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:04:03 pm »
I thought being an anti-Semitic racist was a job requirement for being a Democrat politician. As long as you add the words 'I care' to the end of it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 01:57:53 am »
If she wants to be a politician she can go back to Somalia IIRC she has ties to the government in Mogadishu.

Amen.  Remember Obama was like that also.  He campaigned for his uncle in Kenya.  When he didn't win his goons went to the streets to kill the opposition.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.