Author Topic: UK Mother Arrested And Detained For 7 Hours After 'Misgendering' Trans Activist  (Read 636 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-10/uk-mother-arrested-and-detained-7-hours-after-misgendering-trans-activit

The days when liberals could credibly claim that "nobody will go to jail" for violating laws making misgendering a trans individual a crime are now firmly in the past. And though the UK hasn't passed such a law - like Canada did back in 2017 - apparently, UK police are now acquiescing to demands that individuals who misgender a trans person on the Internet can be investigated and charged for engaging in a "targeted harassment campaign.

Because according to a report in the Daily Mail, a 38-year-old mother from Hertfordshire was arrested in front of her two young children then brought to a nearby police station for questioning, where she was locked in a cell without the use of hygiene products (which she said she had specifically requested) while police questioned her about the incident.

Writing on online forum Mumsnet, Mrs Scottow – who has also been served with a court order that bans her from referring to her accuser as a man – claimed: "I was arrested in my home by three officers, with my autistic ten-year-old daughter and breastfed 20-month-old son present."

"I was then detained for seven hours in a cell with no sanitary products (which I said I needed) before being interviewed then later released under investigation...I was arrested for harassment and malicious communications because I called someone out and misgendered them on Twitter."

Offline Frank Cannon

The UK is finished. Stick a fork in it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The UK is finished. Stick a fork in it.

Yep. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Both replies above are spot-on.

From [formerly "Great"] Britain to Britanistan... in record time.

(what ever happened to EC?)

rangerrebew

British woman arrested for misgendering trans activist on social media
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 05:48:47 pm »
 British woman arrested for misgendering trans activist on social media
By Emma R.   12 February 2019

A 38-year-old British mother was arrested in front of her children and locked up for seven hours after referring to a transgender woman as a man online.

Three officers detained Kate Scottow at her home before quizzing her at a police station about an argument with an activist on Twitter over so-called ‘deadnaming’.

The 38-year-old, from Hitchin, Hertfordshire, had her photograph, DNA and fingerprints taken and remains under investigation.

More than two months after her arrest on December 1, she has had neither her mobile phone or laptop returned, which she says is hampering her studies for a Masters in forensic psychology.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2019/02/british-woman-arrested-for-misgendering-trans-activist-on-social-media/

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: British woman arrested for misgendering trans activist on social media
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:23:19 pm »
So much for free speech in the UK.