Author Topic: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020  (Read 23736 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:58 pm »
Actually I'm hoping that Trump is unchallenged.  Any challenge from someone like Romney would be a disaster.  I don't think any GOP challenger would win against him, but it would certainly bring out more ugliness within the party, while what the GOP really needs right now is UNITY.

No, not unity for unity's sake... What the GOP has lost is common cause. That is what provides for unity.
And I do not believe it will ever be found again. Certainly not for principled Conservatives.

Offline verga

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »
And then there are the actually important......like me.
@Amb. Frank Cannon Frank the word you are thinking of is spelled "Imprudent", or "Impudent".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 11:00:07 pm »
Actually I'm hoping that Trump is unchallenged.  Any challenge from someone like Romney would be a disaster.  I don't think any GOP challenger would win against him, but it would certainly bring out more ugliness within the party, while what the GOP really needs right now is UNITY.

If Romney decides to run, he will be more stupid than I always thought he was.   If no one but the Mormons wanted him in 2012, what would make him think anyone would want him now?

I'm sure there will be someone running against Trump if for no better reason than sheer vanity.  Or perhaps the party will induce some hapless soul to run just to make it look like there is a choice. Whoever that person is, I pity the fool, especially after Trump's dirty tricks made mincemeat out of Ted Cruz in 2016.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:38 pm »
Trump's dirty tricks made mincemeat out of Ted Cruz in 2016.

I think Hillary would be the president right now if Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline verga

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:34 pm »
Most political pundits believe in themselves but I think Erickson was really good in this article, and I think he is representative of a lot of people, those people being the ones who are willing to admit they were wrong which is something some people just can't do.

Erickson paralleled my path from total Ted Cruz advocate to being skeptical, but glad Hillary didn't win, to beginning to actually admire Trump's job as President.

I've voiced the opinion that the same thing is happening in even a body as stuffy as the Senate.  Republican Senators are coming around to Trump.  It's a slow process with that group, but it's happening and it's happening in the country as well.
QFT that was my journey as well. Living in the People's Republic of Virginia it didn't matter who I voted for, NOVA and Richmond screw us over every time. Of course now with the whole Northam, Fairfax, Herring, debacle I am hoping we can swing red again.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:41 pm »
@montanajoe is there anything that President Trump has done that you see as a positive?? Economy, jobs, low unemployment, military at the border, taxes, etc.??  Also, what has Biden done that you see as a positive for this country??

I'm not wanting to be judgemental, I just would really like to know why such disdain for Trump and why the praise for Biden.  Thanks.

@libertybele

Hmmm..lets see

For the first two years his party controlled both chambers of the legislature.

Did he get a wall...no,
did he get Obamacare repealed...no,
did he get a budget passed...no
did he prove himself to be a great deal maker..no
did he keep the promises he was elected on...no

Since the GOP lost the House the great deal maker's negotiating tactic is to hold his breath until he turns blue and shut down the government, further damaging the prospects of any gains by the GOP in 2020.

The choice that was posed was Trump, Biden or 3rd Party... I took Biden from the three choices. I will vote for whoever has the best chance of beating Trump, it could be Biden or any other crazy Dim, as long as they are not Trump and they have the best chance of beating him they will get my vote...

The fact is that the GOP functions best as an opposition party. They are simply incapable of running on a platform, winning and then implementing that platform. History shows that as the opposition party they can get far more of their agenda passed in a Dim controlled congress with a Dim president than they can when they control the presidency and both chambers.

The vast majority of the GOP, including Trump,  are not traditional Conservatives as the term would have been understood by Buckley, Goldwater or Reagan, they like the vast majority of the Dims are simply fans of their team and they react emotionally.

I suppose some might think it is a positive that Trump has masterfully manipulated that emotion.... :shrug:

Offline verga

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2019, 11:09:51 pm »
Lovely. Voting for a straight up Marxist. I will LOVE grinding your face into that like a naughty puppy who shit on the carpet.

I'd like to see them on the same ticket. Their slogan would be "Booker and Hooker"

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 11:17:27 pm »
I think Hillary would be the president right now if Ted Cruz had gotten the nomination.

I don't agree, but we'll never know now, will we?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 11:19:50 pm »
I'd like to see them on the same ticket. Their slogan would be "Booker and Hooker"

The Zebra ticket.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 12:15:43 am »
FTA

President Trump delivered on tax reform. He delivered on regulatory rollbacks. He delivered on undermining Obamacare. He delivered on moving the embassy in Israel. He delivered on withdrawal from the Paris Accord. He delivered on withdrawal from the Iranian agreement. He delivered on shifting American foreign policy focus to the Western Hemisphere to deal with Venezuela, Cuba, and other hotspots. He delivered on solid executive appointments, including to the judiciary.

I will vote for Donald Trump and Mike Pence. And, to be clear, it will not be just because of what the other side offers, but also because of what the Trump-Pence team has done. They’ve earned my vote.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 12:23:47 am »
No matter how much I hated Trump, there is no way in hell I would ever vote for a Democrat.

I made that vow decades ago, i.e. not voting for a Democrat under any circumstance. I almost broke that vow, but the Dem that ran against Kenny Marchant was a left wing CPA with screwy ideas.

You can count my wife in as one who's no longer an NT. I'm holding my fire for next year. Trump's done some good stuff, but my objections have been stated many times on TBR. I can be stubborn to a fault, such as when a Trump Brigadier makes witty comments such as, "not voting for Trump means you want Hillary in the WH."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 12:29:22 am »
Lovely. Voting for a straight up Marxist. I will LOVE grinding your face into that like a naughty puppy who shit on the carpet.

I heard Kamaltoe give an interview, laughing about using pot (she inhaled and isn't afraid to say so). She didn't use her normal speaking voice. You'd swear she was raised in Mississippi. Hilarious and reminiscent of Hitlery's southern-fried accent.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 12:33:47 am »
I made that vow decades ago, i.e. not voting for a Democrat under any circumstance. I almost broke that vow, but the Dem that ran against Kenny Marchant was a left wing CPA with screwy ideas.

There's always voting 3rd party or not voting at all.  In the Presidential race, I went 3rd party in 1988, 1992, 2008, and 2016.  Went with Dole in 1996 only because of Jack Kemp.  In the last Congressional race, I just left it blank.  Good riddance to the lazy establishment-hack GOP incumbent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 12:34:24 am »

What they have in common is they both dig white guys in the sack.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 12:41:54 am »
You speak for a lot of folks @Emjay .

It’s been happening across the electorate ever since Trump took office. People have started to trust their own two eyes and not the narratives flowing from the democrats two-year public tantrum over Trump’s election, nor are they believing CNNBCBS’ political attacks disguised as news.

People have been thinking for themselves and deciding they like the resolve they see coming from this president. That’s why his poll numbers have been spiking.

Thanks @aligncare   And I think the media overplayed their hand by their constant lying about Trump.  People finally started to take their stories with more than a grain of salt when most of them couldn't be proven and didn't pan out.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2019, 12:44:56 am »
Did you file a Mod Report so they can see the threads?

Nope, maybe I should.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 12:46:37 am »

@Dexter   Hate to do it but I reluctantly agree.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 12:46:58 am »
There's always voting 3rd party or not voting at all.  In the Presidential race, I went 3rd party in 1988, 1992, 2008, and 2016.  Went with Dole in 1996 only because of Jack Kemp.  In the last Congressional race, I just left it blank.  Good riddance to the lazy establishment-hack GOP incumbent.

Hopefully this time we can leave third party voting to the dems.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2019, 12:48:13 am »

So you were content for your vote not to count in four elections and I get the feeling you're proud about it.  All righty then.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2019, 12:48:22 am »
Hopefully this time we can leave third party voting to the dems.

NOPE.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2019, 12:49:33 am »

Have you ever seen an example of "idle speculation?"  Kindly look at the quote of your post in the lines above, because that right there is idle speculation.  You have absolutely no way of proving, or even knowing, if your statement is correct, yet you assert it as some sort of irrevocable fact.

You asked about whether people would debate you, and this sort of thing was why you did not receive positive responses.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2019, 12:50:06 am »
Nope, maybe I should.

Yes, please, or the Mods won't see it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 12:50:18 am »

I think Cruz would have won with a mandate. And the TEA Party would be Cruzin.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:51:07 am by roamer_1 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:04 am »
@Dexter   Hate to do it but I reluctantly agree.

@Emjay

I can't say if I agree or not, because his assertion is idle speculation with no way of knowing the truth of it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2019, 12:55:46 am »
I don't agree, but we'll never know now, will we?

No, we'll never know and I still hope Ted Cruz will be our President some day, but I just think Trump was a special force, amazing to me at the time, and to a lot of other people, but kinda fate.