Author Topic: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020  (Read 23571 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
by Erick Erickson

This week in 2016, I declared I would be “Never Trump.” A friend suggested I use a hashtag that had started circulating on Twitter, i.e #NeverTrump. The piece exploded and pushed me into a whirlwind of coverage. Despite lots of pressure, protestors literally on my front porch, and harassment directed towards my family, I did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016. I voted third party.

Some of my concerns about President Trump remain. I still struggle on the character issue and I understand Christian friends who would rather sit it out than get involved. But I also recognize that we cannot have the Trump Administration policies without President Trump and there is much to like.

...In 2020, we’ll be asked to choose between a set of sinners and must decide which direction we want to go as a nation.

...The path of opting out or protesting now to me seems irrelevant as we have a President who is no longer a hypothetical against any of a host of Democrats who too extreme for the nation.

https://theresurgent.com/2019/02/11/ill-be-voting-for-president-trump-and-vice-president-pence-in-2020/

Well, well, well.

He makes a good argument.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 04:09:34 pm »
LOL. Good heavens. Better late than never I guess but I still think Erickson is a self important jackass.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:11:51 pm »
Grifters gotta grift.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 04:11:54 pm »
Erickson is a self important jackass.

AKA a human being.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 04:19:04 pm »
LOL. Good heavens. Better late than never I guess but I still think Erickson is a self important jackass.

There are some of those here.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 04:24:58 pm »
There are some of those here.

And then there are the actually important......like me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 04:27:47 pm »
And then there are the actually important......like me.

Exactly.   888mouth

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 04:27:50 pm »
    Sell~Out

Just kidding but it's doubtful the State of Georgia needs his help to award Trump it's 16 Electoral votes in 2020, been GOP Red for 23 years.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:13 pm »

He pretty much telegraphed this conversion by his recent articles....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:31 pm »
    Sell~Out

Just kidding but it's doubtful the State of Georgia needs his help to award Trump it's 16 Electoral votes in 2020, been GOP Red for 23 years.

You can always tell when some didn't read the article. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »

Suddenly, the "go-to" argument or defense NTs used for 3 years is a "good argument"?

LOL!   Pathetic.

Somebody wants to be a substitute host for Rush Limbaugh....again.

It's time for all NTs everywhere to just STFU.

If you can't see the difference between the two parties, you shouldn't have the right to vote.    Morons.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:39:07 pm »
He pretty much telegraphed this conversion by his recent articles....

There is a whole contingent of Never-Trump dopes who have jumped on the Trump Train because their prognostication about Trump as President were terrible. Beck, Erickson, Deace.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 04:42:18 pm »

Suddenly, the "go-to" argument or defense NTs used for 3 years is a "good argument"?

LOL!   Pathetic.

Somebody wants to be a substitute host for Rush Limbaugh....again.

It's time for all NTs everywhere to just STFU.

If you can't see the difference between the two parties, you shouldn't have the right to vote.    Morons.

The differences between the two parties is so subtle that it is a distinction without a difference, one glaring example:

$22T in debt and no end in site to this insane spending.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 04:46:50 pm »
One is sinister and the other incompetent. In the end, neither gets us where we need to be.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »
I will be voting for them too,PROVIDING he builds the damn wall. If he caves to the Dims on this,he is toast.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 04:50:53 pm »

The differences between the two parties is so subtle that it is a distinction without a difference, one glaring example:

Did you switch over to heroin today? I actually agree with something you said. After the Ryan/McConnell shitshow we know that the GOP isn't that interested in closing the border, ending Obamacare, cutting spending or any real things that would matter. They are happy as hell going along with the Rats. Trump is the only one trying to make clear distinctions between the two parties and half the elected GOP hate him for it.

Online rustynail

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 04:51:11 pm »
Tax refunds down dramatically spells the end for Trump and the GOP.  Where did the Peoples money go?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 04:54:42 pm »
Tax refunds down dramatically spells the end for Trump and the GOP.  Where did the Peoples money go?

Rusty, the "Peoples money" wasn't taken out in the first place (less withholding) and in the high tax states, people weren't able to offset the high state and local taxes out of their federal taxes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 05:09:49 pm »
I'll join him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 05:53:59 pm »

@corbe I'd love to see a very viable 3rd party candidate enter into the picture, but I don't think that is going to happen in time for the 2020 election.  So we will have the choice; President Trump with his accomplishments, tweets and some back pedaling or someone like Pochontas or those pushing the 'New Green Deal', voting for a barely viable third party or not voting at all. The reality I see is that there is a difference between a party who wants to regulate cow farts, do away with all aircraft, and rebuild ALL buildings (including houses) in the country to a party that has some politicians (Cruz included) that want to preserve rights under the Constitution and right now a President who has lined the border with our military (yes incl. paperwork pushers) to at least curtail the invasion for now.

Ah yes, another day in political paradise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:12:55 pm »
Erickson is a self important jackass.

You got that right.  He is unbearable to listen to on the radio, pontificating endlessly on how he has the inside scoop on something, only to be disproved the next day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
   I don't disagree with anything in your post @libertybele BUT as in Texas 2016, I wasn't gonna waste an opportunity to shot the bird at the GOP by voting a valid 3rd party since Trump was a given for our 38 EV's.  If Trump needs my vote to beat a dem I will hold my nose and pull the lever for him, otherwise I'll continue to show my disdain for the GOP when allowed.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 08:27:30 pm »
Over at The Resurgent, this morning, long-time RedState managing editor Erick Erickson announced that he will support President Trump in the 2020 election:
This week in 2016, I declared I would be “Never Trump.” A friend suggested I use a hashtag that had started circulating on Twitter, i.e #NeverTrump. The piece exploded and pushed me into a whirlwind of coverage. Despite lots of pressure, protestors literally on my front porch, and harassment directed towards my family, I did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016. I voted third party.
…
I could stay home or vote third party as I did in 2016. But what will that get me? The ability to say “not my problem” or the self-assurance that I didn’t get dirty in having to choose? I have many Christian friends who, when I have discussed this, tell me I should just stay home and turn my back. Both parties, they tell me, are profoundly corrupt. And they’re right. But I am not looking for a messiah in politics and don’t have some religious sentiment tied to my vote. While I understand and accept the sincere conviction of some of my friends who have decided they will just sit out the process, I have decided otherwise. In 2016, we knew who the Democrats were and were not sure of who Donald Trump was. Now we know both and I prefer this President to the alternative.
I will vote for Donald Trump and Mike Pence. And, to be clear, it will not be just because of what the other side offers, but also because of what the Trump-Pence team has done. They’ve earned my vote.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2019/02/11/gop-begins-unify-erick-erickson-announces-2020-endorsement-president-trump/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:28:48 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 08:31:09 pm »
I love this article because Eric's Trump journey so closely resembles mine.

He had an immediate distaste for Trump, as did I, and an initial support for Ted Cruz.  Me, too.

He and I both decided to give Trump a chance.  As Eric concluded, he earned our vote.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:19 pm »
   I don't disagree with anything in your post @libertybele BUT as in Texas 2016, I wasn't gonna waste an opportunity to shot the bird at the GOP by voting a valid 3rd party since Trump was a given for our 38 EV's.  If Trump needs my vote to beat a dem I will hold my nose and pull the lever for him, otherwise I'll continue to show my disdain for the GOP when allowed.

In my books anyone that doesn't rebuke their politicians when deserved and pats them on the back instead needs to do some serious soul searching.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.