Author Topic: Trump and Republicans Appeal to Men with Fragile Masculinity, Researchers Find  (Read 2127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and Republicans Appeal to Men with Fragile Masculinity, Researchers Find
By Daniel Moritz-Rabson On 11/29/18 at 10:42 AM

President Donald Trump appeals to men with fragile masculinity, two researchers from New York University wrote in analysis published in The Washington Post. They also said Republican candidates facing a Democrat drew more support in areas with higher levels of fragile masculinity in 2018 House races.

The president has touted his masculinity since declaring he would run for office. After Marco Rubio insinuated the president had a small penis in 2016, Trump raised his hands and said "he referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

He frequently calls other political figures weak and has promoted his bravery, saying after the Parkland school shooting that "I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon." He espouses visions of toughness, like cheering hard football hits, and promotes shows of strength, like his proposed military parade.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-appeals-men-fragile-masculinity-1236701?fbclid=IwAR0Q3kVcyo26qH6Nx3ZDnvME1Jz6az__2am2H-fUEa42lj5XS0KY0OEptok
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moritz-Rabson is a poster child for a Low-T advert.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

Researchers Find that Studies Say.

Offline corbe

888mouth
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

….two researchers from New York University wrote in analysis published in The Washington Post.

Them TWO got educated that men and women were all the same, so their opinions on masculinity should be taken with an injection  of testosterone and estrogen anyway--equity-boost.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
….two researchers from New York University wrote in analysis published in The Washington Post.

Them TWO got educated that men and women were all the same, so their opinions on masculinity should be taken with an injection  of testosterone and estrogen anyway--equity-boost.

Agreed.  I would think a good editor would say "two researchers?  That's not news.  Get back to me when it's really a story." 

Offline Frank Cannon

NYU Psychology professor Eric Knowles and doctoral student Sarah DiMuccio queried 300 men on Amazon's crowdsourcing platform Mechanical Turk

Was wondering why Bezos was pimping this bullshit from some Lefty Prof and their student until I see it promotes some Bezos platform no one ever heard of.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To a feminist, men can do no right. If they are strong and aggressive, their masculinity is toxic and a public danger. If they are weak and passive, their masculinity is fragile and ripe for mockery.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump and Republicans Appeal to Men with Fragile Masculinity, Researchers Find
By Daniel Moritz-Rabson On 11/29/18 at 10:42 AM

President Donald Trump appeals to men with fragile masculinity, two researchers from New York University wrote in analysis published in The Washington Post. They also said Republican candidates facing a Democrat drew more support in areas with higher levels of fragile masculinity in 2018 House races.

I feel the sudden urge to vote Dim to prove I am macho. Am I the only one?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

I feel the sudden urge to vote Dim to prove I am macho. Am I the only one?

Everyone knows how I voted in 2016, and now I'm too ashamed to leave the house.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Who comes up with these kinds of things to research in the first place?? 'Fragile Masculinity'....so exactly what does that term even mean?  That they easily cry in their Wheaties?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

If it wasn't for 'Fragile Masculinity'  they'd be studying why most Lesbians are fat, pick your poison.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

If it wasn't for 'Fragile Masculinity'  they'd be studying why most Lesbians are fat, pick your poison.

I'd love to know who gets paid and how much to come us with these supposed research ideas.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

For those who talk about bravery and courage; it predictably ends w/talk.
As for Trump, he avoided/deferred his way out of the Vietnam draft.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
For those who talk about bravery and courage; it predictably ends w/talk.
As for Trump, he avoided/deferred his way out of the Vietnam draft.

I agree.  Bad to have done so.  But, on the other hand* he is one of the very few able to withstand and even embrace the incredible vitriol and attacks, from left and right.

* People are complicated and are both good and bad.  Every one of us.  And some things we all did as youngsters we might not do now if we could do it over again.

Offline libertybele

I agree.  Bad to have done so.  But, on the other hand* he is one of the very few able to withstand and even embrace the incredible vitriol and attacks, from left and right.

* People are complicated and are both good and bad.  Every one of us.  And some things we all did as youngsters we might not do now if we could do it over again.

888high58888   :amen:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Duh!

How is this news?

Offline Absalom

---------------------------------
Agree, Man is flawed/mortal but his Soul gives him the opportunity to redeem himself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
---------------------------------
Agree, Man is flawed/mortal but his Soul gives him the opportunity to redeem himself.

No, God gives us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Online roamer_1

No, God gives us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

No, we cannot redeem ourselves.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That's what I said.

Offline Absalom

-----------------------------------
Why of course we can, otherwise there is no forgiveness in this life.
That is the very essence of altering bad behavior, doing penance for it
and resolving to do good behavior!!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
To a feminist, men can do no right. If they are strong and aggressive, their masculinity is toxic and a public danger. If they are weak and passive, their masculinity is fragile and ripe for mockery.

Gillette really hurt themselves is pushing this stupidity.  They're trying to claw their way back now.  I saw a Gillette commercial promoting masculinity yesterday.  Too little, too late.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.