Author Topic: Where is Starman now ONE year AFTER liftoff  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Where is Starman now ONE year AFTER liftoff
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:43:42 am »
Express By Kate Whitfield 2/10/2019

STARMAN has been orbiting through space for one year now, after Elon Musk’s SpaceX successfully sent a Tesla Roadster into orbit around the Sun. So where is he now?

At the time of writing, Starman is 220 million miles from Earth, according to theskylive.com.

The car is 140 million miles from the Sun, and travelling at the speed of 3,864 mph.

The car has exceeded its 36,000-mile warranty - 13,270 times, in fact - while driving around the Sun.

Assuming the battery still works, Starman has listened to David Bowie for a whole year.

Space Oddity has played 100,190 times since launch in one ear, and Life On Mars has played 135,002 times in the other ear.

A full orbit around the sun is set to take 557 days, which is expected to go for millions of years before eventually hitting Earth or Venus.

Simulations over a three-million-year timespan found a probability of the Roadster colliding with Earth at approximately 6 percent, or with Venus at approximately 2.5 percent.

More: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1085182/SpaceX-launch-news-where-starman-now-next-spacex-launch-date-when-elon-musk

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Where is Starman now ONE year AFTER liftoff
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 01:47:15 am »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:52:15 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:56:39 am »
Dang, yer good....
I am good once, as I ever was.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.