Author Topic: BREAKING: Federal Judge Declines to Block Citizenship Question from US 2020 Census  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Federal Judge Declines to Block Citizenship Question from US 2020 Census
by Jim Hoft February 10, 2019

A federal judge ruled on Friday the US government can include citizenship question on the US Census.
It makes complete sense so Democrats are against it.

It also affects how much federal funding the sanctuary communities will receive from American taxpayers.
So, of course, Democrats are against this.

h/t @gatewaypundit DABNEY L. FRIEDRICH US District Judge rules AGAINST excluding citizenship question from 2020 census https://t.co/sLKQpdpMl5 pic.twitter.com/NFy9vLQuVF

— Andrew Bostom (@andrewbostom) February 10, 2019

Outline reported:

A federal judge ruled late Friday she is unconvinced of an immediate need to block a citizenship question from the 2020 census over privacy concerns.

US District Judge Dabney Friedrich declined to issue a preliminary injunction requested by a privacy and civil liberties nonprofit group, the Electronic Privacy Information Center.

The group argued that the US Census Bureau was required to complete a privacy impact assessment before Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross announced the addition of the question.

In response, the government acknowledged it is required to update its privacy impact assessments, but must do so before collecting census responses, rather than before deciding what questions would appear.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/breaking-federal-judge-declines-to-block-citizenship-question-from-us-2020-census/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:32:20 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Excellent!!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
When I look at the historic US censuses on Ancestry they asked all sorts of questions, including citizenship, date of immigration, languages spoken birthplaces of parents and many others. What's the problem?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online corbe

Trump Appointee, this is welcome news.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   Trump Appointee, this is welcome news.

What is your malfunction?  Asking for an enemy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

What?????   @The Ghost you're obviously not use to me giving Trump any credit, at all.  I am capable of short attention span just like everyone else.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

BassWrangler

The Democrats will run pseudo ad campaigns (via their media allies) encouraging the illegals to lie in their answer.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   What?????   @The Ghost you're obviously not use to me giving Trump any credit, at all.  I am capable of short attention span just like everyone else.

I give you credit.   @29% interest.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline montanajoe

The Democrats will run pseudo ad campaigns (via their media allies) encouraging the illegals to lie in their answer.

Exactly...

Won't surprise me at all to see a significant jump in the total US population and more critically in marginally Red Congressional districts that are suddenly Blue.....due to increased population of minorities... :shrug:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:23:52 am by montanajoe »

Offline Hoodat

I give you credit.   @29% interest.

I thought Helen Waite was our credit manager.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

Easily countered if the Pubs have the strength to do so. They should make clear that if an illegal lies on the census it will be cross checked with any future visa programs that would give illegals a legal status. If they claimed legal status they don't need the visa. If they renounce their prior declaration they still don't get the visa because they committed fraud.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online roamer_1

OK, fine.. I do not see how this is excellent, or that it is anything...
What prevents the applicant from lying about it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:27:20 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline montanajoe

Easily countered if the Pubs have the strength to do so. They should make clear that if an illegal lies on the census it will be cross checked with any future visa programs that would give illegals a legal status. If they claimed legal status they don't need the visa. If they renounce their prior declaration they still don't get the visa because they committed fraud.

Nope...

Individual data on the census records cannot be accessed for any purpose for 70 years... :shrug: