Author Topic: Devin Nunes: Task force combing through transcripts for criminal referrals in FBI bias investigation  (Read 1064 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Devin Nunes: Task force combing through transcripts for criminal referrals in FBI bias investigation
by Daniel Chaitin
 | February 11, 2019 05:48 PM

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., says a cadre of House Intelligence Committee Republicans are now involved in sifting through more than a dozen transcripts as they consider making criminal referrals for an investigation into alleged political bias in the FBI.

Furthering the work begun by a joint GOP task force comprised of the Judiciary Committee and the Oversight Committee, which last year was headed by now-retired Chairmen Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; and Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., Nunes said the effort is getting a second wind.

"We will be continuing that task force, except that the House Intelligence Committee Republicans will be involved," Nunes, who is the ranking member of the panel, said in an interview with the Hill.TV that aired Monday.

"We're now combing through the transcripts that came last year from the roughly 15 interviews or so," Nunes said. "We'll comb through those and we will be sending those recommendations on to the Department of Justice when the timing is appropriate." He didn't specify which interviews were being examined.

Although Democrats now control the lower chamber, Nunes has dismissed the idea that the investigation has been hamstrung.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/devin-nunes-task-force-combing-through-transcripts-for-criminal-referrals-in-fbi-bias-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"A lot of people think just because Republicans are out of power that we are not conducting an investigation. We still are," Nunes said during an interview on Fox News last week. "Whether or not people will come in and interview with us, we don't have gavels, we don't have subpoena power. But we will still be trying to interview people and we will still be making criminal referrals."

None of this will get out of committee. They didn’t do this in the two years they had subpoena power and control. Nunes is a joke.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"A lot of people think just because Republicans are out of power that we are not conducting an investigation. We still are," Nunes said during an interview on Fox News last week. "Whether or not people will come in and interview with us, we don't have gavels, we don't have subpoena power. But we will still be trying to interview people and we will still be making criminal referrals."

None of this will get out of committee. They didn’t do this in the two years they had subpoena power and control. Nunes is a joke.

That would be fairly easy to test.  Were efforts by House Dems for the past two years stymied by virtue of being in the minority?  I don't know for sure.

I'm inclined to agree that the GOP blew their chance on this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

That would be fairly easy to test.  Were efforts by House Dems for the past two years stymied by virtue of being in the minority?  I don't know for sure.

I'm inclined to agree that the GOP blew their chance on this.

Whatever the committee wants to do, within its power of oversight, can be done by majority vote. For instance, the counter-report issued by Dems, after the Nunes memo, could have died in committee. However, they allowed it to go through, because they knew it would be heavily redacted and those were the portions that would dispute their previous assertions. Something similar will likely occur with the shoe now on the other foot.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whatever the committee wants to do, within its power of oversight, can be done by majority vote. For instance, the counter-report issued by Dems, after the Nunes memo, could have died in committee. However, they allowed it to go through, because they knew it would be heavily redacted and those were the portions that would dispute their previous assertions. Something similar will likely occur with the shoe now on the other foot.

We were just dandy with the Minority role in the past (stop laughing), so hopefully we have some brave Parliamentarians on those committees.  I'm hoping for Rat overreach, and I think they won't disappoint me.  Just an observation....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

We were just dandy with the Minority role in the past (stop laughing), so hopefully we have some brave Parliamentarians on those committees.  I'm hoping for Rat overreach, and I think they won't disappoint me.  Just an observation....

Personally, I think the Deutche Bank and VTB connections warrant investigation by the Intel Committee and should’ve been done by Nunes. The effort to get the tax returns by Ways & Means is an overreach.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:47:00 am by edpc »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Personally, I think the Deutche Bank and VTB connections warrant investigation by the Intel Committee and should’ve been done by Nunes. The effort to get the tax returns by Ways & Means is an overreach.

Yup, but I expect we'll see plenty of Rat partisans loving the red meat of the Tax Returns.  What do they expect to see, anyway?  1099 forms declaring bribes and kickbacks?  They are far more likely to get egg on their face, as they did when Harry Reid flatly declared Romney never paid any taxes.   **nononono*

ETA:  I agree about the other items Nunes should have looked into, rather than leaving it for the Democrats.  Not a sharp move.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:56:21 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

Yup, but I expect we'll see plenty of Rat partisans loving the red meat of the Tax Returns.  What do they expect to see, anyway?  1099 forms declaring bribes and kickbacks?  They are far more likely to get egg on their face, as they did when Harry Reid flatly declared Romney never paid any taxes.   **nononono*

ETA:  I agree about the other items Nunes should have looked into, rather than leaving it for the Democrats.  Not a sharp move.

The taxes will probably show a number of shell companies used to move money around for tax purposes. Illegal? No, but it’s political ammo, because he hides it. If anything, he should show people how ridiculous the tax system is, where you have to do so many things to legally limit your exposure and stay compliant.

Dealings with Deutche can be problematic, however. They were massively fined for laundering Russian money. Trump has a longstanding business relationship with Felix Sater. He’s a really weird, shadowy dude, straddling between the Russian underworld and US intelligence agencies. There’s probably a lot of unsavory characters invested in Trump properties, through that relationship, and he knows it. That doesn’t mean collusion, but it could look really bad.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The taxes will probably show a number of shell companies used to move money around for tax purposes. Illegal? No, but it’s political ammo, because he hides it. If anything, he should show people how ridiculous the tax system is, where you have to do so many things to legally limit your exposure and stay compliant.

Dealings with Deutche can be problematic, however. They were massively fined for laundering Russian money. Trump has a longstanding business relationship with Felix Sater. He’s a really weird, shadowy dude, straddling between the Russian underworld and US intelligence agencies. There’s probably a lot of unsavory characters invested in Trump properties, through that relationship, and he knows it. That doesn’t mean collusion, but it could look really bad.

I assume an investigation is pending?  And will they botch it?
I will NOT comply.