Author Topic: Why All Anti-Interventionists Will Necessarily Be Smeared As Russian Assets (Tulsi)  (Read 271 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oh no, Medium, I don't think I like that website but let 'er rip. A lot of these websites post freelance journalists, meaning, not all is bad.
Why All Anti-Interventionists Will Necessarily Be Smeared As Russian Assets
Caitlin Johnstone   Feb 2

When Hawaii congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard announced her candidacy for the presidency on CNN last month, I had a feeling I’d be writing about her a fair bit. Not because I particularly want her to be president, but because I knew her candidacy would cause the narrative control mechanizations of the political/media class to overextend themselves, leaving them open to attack, exposure, and the weakening of their control of the narrative.

Mere hours before her campaign officially launched, NBC News published an astonishingly blatant smear piece titled “Russia’s propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard,” subtitled “Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard.” One of the article’s authors shared it on Twitter with the caption, “The Kremlin already has a crush on Tulsi Gabbard.”

The article reported that media outlets tied to the Russian government had been talking a lot about Gabbard’s candidacy, ironically citing as an example an RT article which documented the attempts by the US mainstream media to paint Gabbard as a Kremlin agent. ...

Read more at: https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/why-all-anti-interventionists-will-necessarily-be-smeared-as-russian-assets-cb9b051951cf

Moving to editorials.