Author Topic: Adam Schiff says Mueller investigation may be lacking in key area  (Read 2369 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Adam Schiff says Mueller investigation may be lacking in key area
by Melissa Quinn
 | February 10, 2019 04:18 PM

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Sunday questioned whether special counsel Robert Mueller has adequately investigated President Trump’s financial dealings with a German bank, thus reinforcing his case for a new Democrat-led House to begin its own inquiries into the president’s finances.

During an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the Democratic California congressman said his concerns stem from a New York Times report in April that said Trump tried to get Mueller fired after it was reported the special counsel had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank. That same report said Trump backed down only after Mueller's office told his advisers and lawyers that the reports were untrue.

The president has warned that Mueller’s investigators would be crossing a “red line” if they sought to investigate his personal finances and business dealings. Deutsche Bank provided loans to Trump in the 1990s after U.S. lenders opted against it following a flurry of bankruptcies.

“If the special counsel hasn’t subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, he can’t be doing much of a money laundering investigation,” Schiff said. “So that’s what concerns me, that that red line has been enforced, whether by the deputy attorney general [Rod Rosenstein] or by some other party at the Justice Department. But that leaves the country exposed.”

Schiff announced last week the House Intelligence Committee, now with him at the helm, would embark on a sweeping probe into Trump’s financial transactions and Russia.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-says-mueller-investigation-may-be-lacking-in-key-area
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Adam Schiff says Mueller investigation may be lacking in key area
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:38 pm »
L.A. Times: Adam Schiff’s Gay Lover Makes Claims Of Abuse
February 11, 2018 by Lakim Nesnah   ...

More

I edited this post because of the story's dubious veracity.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:31:57 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:43:57 pm »
Looks like Schiff hit him with his burreto.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:44:47 pm »
 :silly:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:52:05 pm »
Looks like Schiff hit him with his burreto.

"Will Bottom"? You can't make this stuff up.

I guess Schiff found himself a hot tamale, and gave him the whole enchilada. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:17 pm »
“If the special counsel hasn’t subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, he can’t be doing much of a money laundering investigation,” Schiff said. “So that’s what concerns me, that that red line has been enforced, whether by the deputy attorney general [Rod Rosenstein] or by some other party at the Justice Department. But that leaves the country exposed.”

Only in your tinfoil wrapped head. Mueller was not tasked to investigate money laundering outside his investigation of election collusion.

Schiff wants to fish into every part of Trump's life till he finds something, and trying to make it sound legit.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 08:45:06 pm »
L.A. Times: Adam Schiff’s Gay Lover Makes Claims Of Abuse
February 11, 2018 by Lakim Nesnah   

ADAM SCHIFF'S GAY LOVER SAYS HE HAS ENDURED MANY BEATINGS BY SCHIFF.
WILL BOTTOM CLAIMS CALIFORNIA CONGRESSMAN ADAM SCHIFF HAS ABUSED HIM PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND SEXUALLY.

Los Angeles, CA- Los Angeles Times reporter and assistant managing editor, Kristina Bellatori dropped another bombshell in what can only be described as the ongoing US Congressional and political sex and domestic violence scandal this afternoon.

“The Rob Porter domestic violence fiasco seems to have turned more than just the White House upside down,” Bellatori told The Net Spies via Skype. “Not only has everything been turned upside down, but it seems that abuse victims are literally falling from the sky.”

Bellatori was contacted by Will Bottom, who claims to be the gay lover of California Congressman, Adam Schiff. “Will contacted me and told me that he had been a victim for too long and wanted to speak out,” Bellatori told us. “Mr. Bottom stated that he has been Mr. Schiff’s gay lover for many years and has endured a plethora of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse.” ... More

OK, Snopes (I know, I know) says it's not true and presents some pretty convincing evidence, so be careful with this one.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/adam-schiff-settle-claim/

And, the netspies site isn't available.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 08:47:17 pm »
OK, Snopes (I know, I know) says it's not true and presents some pretty convincing evidence, so be careful with this one.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/adam-schiff-settle-claim/

And, the netspies site isn't available.

Yep poof. it's gone!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 09:02:05 pm »
@edpc

Check this out.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:57 pm »
Darn, it sounded so believable, what with Schiffty's connection to young-black-man-abusing-Ed Buck  and all.  22222frying pan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 09:12:17 pm »
Darn, it sounded so believable, what with Schiffty's connection to young-black-man-abusing-Ed Buck  and all.  22222frying pan

I know.  I immediately thought that explained the weird vibe I get whenever I see him on TV. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 09:21:13 pm »
@edpc

Check this out.....

The gay stuff or Deutche Bank? LOL.

There are a few problems with the Deutche Bank relationship to Trump, since he’s used them almost exclusively, in recent years. His sons have made previous claims about Russian investments in their business. Deutche tried to offload loans linked to VTB, after it became a hot button issue. Finally, Deutche was fined heavily for involvement with Russian money laundering.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/15/donald-trumps-ties-russia-go-back-30-years/97949746/

https://www.businessinsider.com/deutsche-bank-tried-to-shed-loan-it-made-to-vtb-group-a-russian-bank-2019-2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-moneylaundering-idUSKCN1NY0ZN
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 09:22:59 pm »
Looking at Schiff, can't really see him beating up any Black guy. I can't see him getting away with beating up a bichon frise, much less a grown adult.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 11:20:12 pm »

The gay stuff or Deutche Bank? LOL.

There are a few problems with the Deutche Bank relationship to Trump, since he’s used them almost exclusively, in recent years. His sons have made previous claims about Russian investments in their business. Deutche tried to offload loans linked to VTB, after it became a hot button issue. Finally, Deutche was fined heavily for involvement with Russian money laundering.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/15/donald-trumps-ties-russia-go-back-30-years/97949746/

https://www.businessinsider.com/deutsche-bank-tried-to-shed-loan-it-made-to-vtb-group-a-russian-bank-2019-2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-moneylaundering-idUSKCN1NY0ZN

Thanks!  We were just talking about this German Bank business, and up pops this story....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 11:23:52 pm »
This thread should be heavily redacted to protect the vaulted reputation of TBR.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 11:29:07 pm »
Thanks!  We were just talking about this German Bank business, and up pops this story....

I doubt anyone here wants to agree with Schiff, but there’s reason to look into someone so heavily in debt to Deutche. I still think something is off about Sater and that business relationship. Check out this interview. Yeah - I know it’s MSNBC, but it’s fascinating. Given his previous cooperation with US intel, receiving praise from Loretta Lynch, and his ties to shady characters across the globe, you have to wonder who the hell this guy is.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 11:38:02 pm »
Mueller has been indicting bit players for stuff not even remotely connected to 'collusion' in an effort to nail Trump. Does anyone really think he wouldn't have given Trump's relationship with Duetsche Bank an anal exam if he thought it would redeem his investigation after two years and tens of millions of dollars?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 01:04:28 pm »
Mueller has been indicting bit players for stuff not even remotely connected to 'collusion' in an effort to nail Trump. Does anyone really think he wouldn't have given Trump's relationship with Duetsche Bank an anal exam if he thought it would redeem his investigation after two years and tens of millions of dollars?

Exactly.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 02:42:27 pm »

Bit players. What a laugh. The main figures are is longtime friend and advisor for 30 years, Roger Stone, personal attorney, Michael Cohen, campaign manager, Paul Manafort, deputy campaign manager Rick Gates, and national security advisor, Michael Flynn. Honorable mention goes to Don Jr  and Jared Kushner, for the Trump Tower meeting. So far, we do not know if they are possible subjects or targets.

Stone’s indictment in the probe centers around false statements concerning his contact with WikiLeaks, which is directly related to Russian coordination.  Cohen’s guilty plea is based upon his false testimony before Congress, concerning the business relationship being pursued, during the campaign.  Again, coordination with Russian government officials. Flynn was fired, then ultimately indicted, for lying about his contacts with the Russian ambassador. Manafort and Gates were both charged, based upon their illegal financial activities, connected to Russian oligarch Deripaska and communications with Kilimnik, during the campaign. 

We know the financial activity going back more than a decade is relevant to the investigation. When Judge Ellis demanded to see evidence the charges were linked, he was given the unredacted material, then ultimately concluded it was germane. On July 27, 2016, Manafort was on CBS denying any campaign relationship with Russian entities. Six days later, he and Gates had dinner with Russian intelligence linked and Deripaska middleman Konstantin Kilimnik. We discovered that dinner is important to the investigation, based on recent court transcripts.

http://m.newser.com/story/261153/judges-ruling-is-bad-news-for-manafort.html

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/27/paul-manafort-dismisses-notion-donald-trump-has-fi/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-manaforts-2016-meeting-with-a-russian-employee-at-new-york-cigar-club-goes-to-the-heart-of-muellers-probe/ar-BBTvzqR
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:43:22 pm by edpc »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 10:58:59 pm »

Bit players. What a laugh. The main figures are is longtime friend and advisor for 30 years, Roger Stone, personal attorney, Michael Cohen, campaign manager, Paul Manafort, deputy campaign manager Rick Gates, and national security advisor, Michael Flynn. Honorable mention goes to Don Jr  and Jared Kushner, for the Trump Tower meeting. So far, we do not know if they are possible subjects or targets.

Stone’s indictment in the probe centers around false statements concerning his contact with WikiLeaks, which is directly related to Russian coordination.  Cohen’s guilty plea is based upon his false testimony before Congress, concerning the business relationship being pursued, during the campaign.  Again, coordination with Russian government officials. Flynn was fired, then ultimately indicted, for lying about his contacts with the Russian ambassador. Manafort and Gates were both charged, based upon their illegal financial activities, connected to Russian oligarch Deripaska and communications with Kilimnik, during the campaign. 

We know the financial activity going back more than a decade is relevant to the investigation. When Judge Ellis demanded to see evidence the charges were linked, he was given the unredacted material, then ultimately concluded it was germane. On July 27, 2016, Manafort was on CBS denying any campaign relationship with Russian entities. Six days later, he and Gates had dinner with Russian intelligence linked and Deripaska middleman Konstantin Kilimnik. We discovered that dinner is important to the investigation, based on recent court transcripts.

http://m.newser.com/story/261153/judges-ruling-is-bad-news-for-manafort.html

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/27/paul-manafort-dismisses-notion-donald-trump-has-fi/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-manaforts-2016-meeting-with-a-russian-employee-at-new-york-cigar-club-goes-to-the-heart-of-muellers-probe/ar-BBTvzqR

Bit players probably isn't the proper term, because none of those people you mention were in the least involved with Trump's russian collusion caper. Mueller hasn't found any 'bit players' yet.