Sounds like fun.
1 (8.3%)
Could be fun.
1 (8.3%)
Meh.
4 (33.3%)
Sounds kinda boring.
0 (0%)
That's a complete waste of time and energy.
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Anybody interested in debating from the opposite ideology?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Anybody interested in debating from the opposite ideology?
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:01:02 pm »
For example pro-Trump and anti-Trump people could try to make the argument of the other side as effectively as possible. Something I find fun and challenging in debate is making strong arguments that are opposite of what you actually believe. It only works if people put in an honest effort rather than just doing it in a mocking way.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Anybody interested in debating from the opposite ideology?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:23:47 pm »
@Dexter, I would normally agree that this could be a good idea, but after having experienced your complete inability or unwillingness to even consider the other side of the "anthropogenic global warming/climate change" argument, I have to conclude that it's a complete waste of time and pixels.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 08:26:07 pm »
@Dexter, I would normally agree that this could be a good idea, but after having experienced your complete inability or unwillingness to even consider the other side of the "anthropogenic global warming/climate change" argument, I have to conclude that it's a complete waste of time and pixels.

That's how I voted, for exactly that reason.  @Dexter isn't the only one, and that isn't the only topic, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:21 pm »
That's how I voted, for exactly that reason.  @Dexter isn't the only one, and that isn't the only topic, either.

Agreed.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 02:05:13 am »
There is simply no good argument for the progressive slide into totalitarianism.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:39:42 pm »
The general concept is always fun and rewarding if people can be adults about it. Hell, probably a third of what I post doesn't completely match my normal philosophy, I just do it to challenge thinking.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 07:30:36 pm »

As badly as he has been bitch-slapped on this issue, I am surprised he would even bring this up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.