Author Topic: Dem Rep Meeks Pushed $60K in Campaign Cash to Company Owned by Aide’s Wife  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Rep Meeks Pushed $60K in Campaign Cash to Company Owned by Aide’s Wife
Posted By Joe Schoffstall On February 7, 2019 @ 2:35 pm In Politics | No Comments

Democratic representative Gregory Meeks (N.Y.) pushed tens of thousands more to a company that was incorporated by the wife of his chief of staff in his New York district office, Federal Election Commission filings show.

Meeks additionally used more than $20,000 in funds from his committee on lease and car expenses for a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, both of which are marked as campaign vehicles, and lined the pockets of close consultants despite not having a real challenger in a number of years. Meeks cruised through a three-way Democratic primary this past cycle, topping the nearest challenger by more than 72 percentage points.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-rep-meeks-pushed-60k-in-campaign-cash-to-company-owned-by-aides-wife/

Online mountaineer

lease and car expenses for a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, both of which are marked as campaign vehicles
Nothing says "I really support the UAW and all labor unions!" like Democrats bigwigs tooling around in Japanese and German luxury automobiles.

I once challenged a Sen. Jay Rockefeller IV supporter when the Senator arrived in a top-of-the-line Toyota SUV at a steelworkers' union hall in West Virginia. "Doesn't he support American union auto workers?" I asked.

"Well," the fellow said, after a long pause, "Japanese auto workers have to support their families, too."
 :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org