Author Topic: Dem Rep Meeks Pushed $60K in Campaign Cash to Company Owned by Aide’s Wife  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
 Dem Rep Meeks Pushed $60K in Campaign Cash to Company Owned by Aide’s Wife
Posted By Joe Schoffstall On February 7, 2019 @ 2:35 pm In Politics | No Comments

Democratic representative Gregory Meeks (N.Y.) pushed tens of thousands more to a company that was incorporated by the wife of his chief of staff in his New York district office, Federal Election Commission filings show.

Meeks additionally used more than $20,000 in funds from his committee on lease and car expenses for a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, both of which are marked as campaign vehicles, and lined the pockets of close consultants despite not having a real challenger in a number of years. Meeks cruised through a three-way Democratic primary this past cycle, topping the nearest challenger by more than 72 percentage points.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-rep-meeks-pushed-60k-in-campaign-cash-to-company-owned-by-aides-wife/
“A society does not ever die ‘from natural causes’, but always dies from suicide or murder – and nearly always from the former….”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee’s A Study of History.

Offline mountaineer

lease and car expenses for a Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, both of which are marked as campaign vehicles
Nothing says "I really support the UAW and all labor unions!" like Democrats bigwigs tooling around in Japanese and German luxury automobiles.

I once challenged a Sen. Jay Rockefeller IV supporter when the Senator arrived in a top-of-the-line Toyota SUV at a steelworkers' union hall in West Virginia. "Doesn't he support American union auto workers?" I asked.

"Well," the fellow said, after a long pause, "Japanese auto workers have to support their families, too."
 :thud:
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf