Author Topic: Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally  (Read 855 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally
« on: February 10, 2019, 02:42:20 pm »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/02/08/feds-would-tax-marijuana-under-new-senate-bill-actually-numbered-s-420/
Feb 8, 2019, 07:54am
Tom Angell
Contributor

Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally

For the second time so far this year, marijuana legislation in Congress has been officially designated with the bill number 420. It seems to be an obvious nod to the increasingly mainstream cannabis culture from lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Ron Wyden's (D-OR) proposal, S.420, would deschedule marijuana by removing it from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), establish a federal excise tax on legal sales and create a system of permits for businesses to engage in cannabis commerce.

Marijuana enthusiasts, of course, celebrate their favorite plant on April 20, also known as 4/20.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Senator Files '420' Marijuana Bill To Legalize It Federally
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »
There is zero authority in the US Constitution to take this away from state regulation.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:56:23 pm »
There is zero authority in the US Constitution to take this away from state regulation.

Then on the converse, what right does the feds have to even pass drug laws? Serious question, because I don't know the answer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »

110% support based on the taxing power and the commerce clause power.