Author Topic: New Gun Bill Will Require Buyers to First Submit Their Social Media History to Police for Review  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
New Gun Bill Will Require Buyers to First Submit Their Social Media History to Police for Review

Posted at 8:00 pm on February 9, 2019 by Alex Parker

At one point in history, human beings were just naked in the woods, runnin’ around, doin’ whatever they wanted.

Then someone had the idea to form a group for mutual benefit.

Fast-forward thousands of years, and the concept of government has gone a smidge past where surely any of those hippie nudists would’ve imagined.

And farther than many of us would’ve.

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2019/02/09/daniel-didech-gun-bill-social-media-history/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=daniel-didech-gun-bill-social-media-history&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Interesting.  I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account...I wonder if our TBR account would be under scrutiny?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

.......SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have no social media footprint. This was verified by a potential employer. They searched everywhere they could think of, at some expense so I was told, and found no trace of me anywhere. And that....is just how I like things to be.

Posting regularly on this site is a risk, but even then they would have to sift through several layers of misdirection to find me. I mean the real, real, actual me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

We the Americans NEED our gun right more than ever.  Those of you who don't want a gun, don't buy one. I won't protect you, no fear. The very reason the founding fathers put that in the constitution was to stop gun grabs by ANTI-AMERICANS IN CONGRESS.

"They" keep fiddling with it, ike how many bullets one may have in a magazine.  BARNIE FIFE....
--------------------------------
Amendment II

RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS
Passed by Congress September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791. The first 10 amendments form the Bill of Rights

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline roamer_1

Posting regularly on this site is a risk, but even then they would have to sift through several layers of misdirection to find me. I mean the real, real, actual me.

Unless you are running a mac-addy spoofer on a machine you bought off the street, from a coffee shop or hotel parking lot... It's easier than you think...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Unless you are running a mac-addy spoofer on a machine you bought off the street, from a coffee shop or hotel parking lot... It's easier than you think...
I know this.
That's what makes it so fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Interesting.  I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account...I wonder if our TBR account would be under scrutiny?

I don't either, and this is my only social media posting.  But what if they don't like my politics?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

I don't either, and this is my only social media posting.  But what if they don't like my politics?

Unless your real name is @Chosen Daughter , how would they know?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Unless your real name is @Chosen Daughter , how would they know?

I always thought they could easily know who I am.

Offline roamer_1

I always thought they could easily know who I am.

Well, they can, with a warrant to your ISP... But more than likely, since real names are used in social media in comparison to forums which are anonymous by design (use of handle or alias), the thing implies a simple search, not a warrant - so they will look for your name in your town via normal social media, just as the cops do without a warrant.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, they can, with a warrant to your ISP... But more than likely, since real names are used in social media in comparison to forums which are anonymous by design (use of handle or alias), the thing implies a simple search, not a warrant - so they will look for your name in your town via normal social media, just as the cops do without a warrant.

Yes, that is what I meant ISP.  But they have to have a warrant.  I would still find this search of people's social media unconstitutional.

Offline roamer_1

Yes, that is what I meant ISP.  But they have to have a warrant.  I would still find this search of people's social media unconstitutional.

It isn't. Posting online is akin to the public square.

What they DO with that, however, is a different story.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't use my real name online for anything, except here.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I don't give a flying F*&% about this kind of Orwellian bullshit...I post on ZuckerBook quite often and have been "suspended" for my thoughts by those pissant, "thought police", NAZI pieces of shit more times than I can count.  Not a coward in the face of this tyrannical and Orwellian attempt to silence truth.  I'll challenge them to the end.  My employers are not concerned with my "thoughts" so much as they are with my propensity to "share" my knowledge with regimes who would do us harm.   Which I would never do anyway.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline roamer_1

I don't give a flying F*&% about this kind of Orwellian bullshit...I post on ZuckerBook quite often and have been "suspended" for my thoughts by those pissant, "thought police", NAZI pieces of shit more times than I can count.  Not a coward in the face of this tyrannical and Orwellian attempt to silence truth.  I'll challenge them to the end.  My employers are not concerned with my "thoughts" so much as they are with my propensity to "share" my knowledge with regimes who would do us harm.   Which I would never do anyway.

Geez @SZonian  tell us how you really feel
 :laugh:

Offline libertybele

@Chosen Daughter I can almost guarantee you that they won't like your politics.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I don't use my real name online for anything, except here.

Same here.  First name is Liberty and last name is Bele.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:36:17 pm by libertybele »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Folks, it's Illinois.
One of the "new slavery" states.

This may actually pass the legislature there and get the governor's signature.

Whether it will survive a court challenge?
Anyone's guess.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What social media history???  :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Same here.  First name is Liberty and last name is Bele.   :laugh:

What a coincidence.... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
TBR is social media??? All this time I thought I was participating in antisocial media!
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

The article doesn't state if this was passed and signed into law. 

Also, it appears that Little Marco has been busy proposing a similar bill that is still in committee.  While the title of the bill seems fair enough, it doesn't elude to the possibility of infringement on the 2 A and seems in my opinion to leave the door wide open for abuse.  The bill allows for the evaluation of an individual's mental health by a; spouse, ex spouse, adoptee, past significant other,  current significant other, parent, child in common, past or present legal guardian, or tribal member, and to report that individual for the possible confiscation of weapons and/or ammunition in their possession.

Also, a court may conduct the hearing required under clause (i) by telephone, pursuant to local court rules!!

S. 7: Extreme Risk Protection Order and Violence Prevention Act of 2019

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s7/text

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The article doesn't state if this was passed and signed into law. 

Also, it appears that Little Marco has been busy proposing a similar bill that is still in committee.  While the title of the bill seems fair enough, it doesn't elude to the possibility of infringement on the 2 A and seems in my opinion to leave the door wide open for abuse.  The bill allows for the evaluation of an individual's mental health by a; spouse, ex spouse, adoptee, past significant other,  current significant other, parent, child in common, past or present legal guardian, or tribal member, and to report that individual for the possible confiscation of weapons and/or ammunition in their possession.

Also, a court may conduct the hearing required under clause (i) by telephone, pursuant to local court rules!!

S. 7: Extreme Risk Protection Order and Violence Prevention Act of 2019

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s7/text

It's more than an infringement on the 2nd...it's a head-on collision between the 1st AND 2nd Amendments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
TBR is social media??? All this time I thought I was participating in antisocial media!

Toe-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe.... 888mouth
I will NOT comply.