Author Topic: Oklahoma gun bill advances in Legislature  (Read 837 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Oklahoma gun bill advances in Legislature
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:23:40 pm »
KTEN By Shereen Hashem 2/8/2019

Just a few days into the Oklahoma legislative session, the House Public Safety Committee has passed a bill that would permit constitutional carry of guns in Oklahoma. The vote was 9-2.

Lt. Scott Hampton of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said letting Oklahomans carry guns without requiring licensing or training shouldn't increase danger to civilians.

"There will be some hurdles, but -- by and large -- our citizens do the right thing for the most part," he said. "Our criminals do not obey laws as it is, and we would just have to cross that bridge when we get there."

House Bill 2597 would let most Oklahomans carry a firearm without a license.  At least 14 states have approved some version of permitless carry, most recently South Dakota, according to the National Rifle Association.

More: http://www.kten.com/story/39934414/oklahoma-gun-bill-advances-in-legislature

I can carry in Oklahoma due to reciprocity, but if I lived in Oklahoma I could not carry even if Constitutional Carry passed due to my misdemeanor pot offense back in 1973.