Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 82808 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #800 on: October 23, 2020, 01:51:54 am »
Nope. The beard should be a clue...

Do you ever listen to or read Derek Gilbert?

You are a clam.  Is he a clamdigger?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #801 on: October 23, 2020, 01:56:28 am »
You are a clam.  Is he a clamdigger?

Nope...

Skywatch TV host...

New stuff out... Giant's Gods and Dragons... 30mins... Nephilim stuff.
If you don't know Gilbert, you should.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #802 on: October 23, 2020, 02:12:51 am »
Nope...

Skywatch TV host...

New stuff out... Giant's Gods and Dragons... 30mins... Nephilim stuff.
If you don't know Gilbert, you should.

Check out vlad9vt. BDMF over in Ukraine, I believe. Many megalithic sites off the beaten path. He wants the truth. So do I.

I watch some Skywatch, but don't remember names too well. Content oriented. Not the presenters.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2020, 02:18:15 am »
Check out vlad9vt. BDMF over in Ukraine, I believe. Many megalithic sites off the beaten path. He wants the truth. So do I.

I watch some Skywatch, but don't remember names too well. Content oriented. Not the presenters.

Gilbert has a ton out... the great Inception lecture on youtube is terrific.

He and his wife do 'Unraveling Revelation' over at SkywatchTv... Prolly a playlist on their Youtube channel ... Very good... Right up my alley.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #804 on: October 23, 2020, 02:25:08 am »

Sub'd... Thank you very much...

Sub'd like subscription, not like latex...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #805 on: October 23, 2020, 02:57:04 am »
Sub'd... Thank you very much...

Sub'd like subscription, not like latex...
Don't go all Scarborough on us...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #806 on: October 24, 2020, 12:53:48 am »
Wonder what happens to their best leyed plans if the poles flip?

In other news Nasa plans to have 4G capability on the moon.

You know I don't have a phone. I don't want to be found. I tell someone where I can be found when I head to he hills. Yeah, I do use tech. But tech doesn't use me.

@bigheadfred

I'm so bored I almost hope they come looking for me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #807 on: October 24, 2020, 12:56:52 am »
I have been covered in latex many many times in my life... But then, I'm a painter so...

@roamer_1

"I" believe you.

Honest!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2020, 02:03:06 am »
I kinda want one...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2020, 03:15:11 am »
@bigheadfred

I'm so bored I almost hope they come looking for me.

Just fire your guns.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #810 on: October 24, 2020, 11:50:30 am »
Just fire your guns.

@bigheadfred

Why?

No one would come. I used to go out in the yard and practice making golf balls jump with my Combat Commander,and nobody came then any more than they did when I was firing my Garand.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #811 on: October 24, 2020, 01:44:24 pm »
@bigheadfred

Why?

No one would come. I used to go out in the yard and practice making golf balls jump with my Combat Commander,and nobody came then any more than they did when I was firing my Garand.
About the only use for golf balls I have been able to find, but I'm working on the 'spud gun'...

I bought a sack of them at a sale some time ago, and the guy was purt'near mortified after making a comment about spending time on the links. I just told him, no, my granddaughter got a kick out of bouncing them around with my SIG, and we needed some fresher ones...(most of the kids are crack shots).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #812 on: October 24, 2020, 02:23:54 pm »
@bigheadfred

Why?

I get it.

My uncle said the key was to shoot guns 24/7 at various spots around the area. People got used to it. So when a gunshot was heard over in the direction of Bob's hay field at 3 a.m. no one would call the cops or the fish and game.

Went up the hill one snowy morning. When we came back asked the other uncle if he heard any shots. Only 13 in 4 calibers. We said we would be in the barn if someone came looking. No one did.

Bouncing around a hayfield one early middle evening and asked the uncle if I could put that case of Olympia in the back of the pickup? He said that is a case of dynamite, keep it from bouncing. Dynamite has its uses. As a footrest in a PU bouncing through a hay field in the early middle evening isn't one of them.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #813 on: October 25, 2020, 06:36:16 pm »
About the only use for golf balls I have been able to find, but I'm working on the 'spud gun'...

I bought a sack of them at a sale some time ago, and the guy was purt'near mortified after making a comment about spending time on the links. I just told him, no, my granddaughter got a kick out of bouncing them around with my SIG, and we needed some fresher ones...(most of the kids are crack shots).

@Smokin Joe

I used to like to scatter than around me in a 360 degree circle,and then spin around and snap shoot at them as quickly as I could with my combat commander.

LOTS of fun,but not something your ego can tolerate if never missing is important to you.

Then again,those people NEVER "snap shoot" anyhow.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2020, 11:16:42 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I used to like to scatter than around me in a 360 degree circle,and then spin around and snap shoot at them as quickly as I could with my combat commander.

LOTS of fun,but not something your ego can tolerate if never missing is important to you.

Then again,those people NEVER "snap shoot" anyhow.
Yep, that sort of shooting may not be great for the ego, but it does refine your technique. Aim small, miss small...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2020, 11:21:27 pm »
I had a little nap before and thought of Robbie the Robot.

I couldn’t kill that one. He’s kinda cute, no?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2020, 11:39:44 pm »
I had a little nap before and thought of Robbie the Robot.

I couldn’t kill that one. He’s kinda cute, no?

No.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2020, 11:50:08 pm »
Where is a dentist when you need one?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #818 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:10 am »
Where is a dentist when you need one?
Down in the mouth.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #819 on: October 26, 2020, 12:24:17 am »
Down in the mouth.

Down with the mouth. Fixed it.  :police:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #820 on: October 26, 2020, 01:56:06 am »
Down with the mouth. Fixed it.  :police:
Hmmm. Might be a bridge too far.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #821 on: November 25, 2020, 11:15:32 pm »
AI is now into philosophy.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #822 on: December 13, 2020, 04:47:19 pm »
CDEI launches a ‘roadmap’ for tackling algorithmic bias

https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/11/27/cdei-launches-roadmap-tackling-algorithmic-bias/

A review from the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation (CDEI) has led to the creation of a “roadmap” for tackling algorithmic bias.

The analysis was commissioned by the UK government in October 2018 and will receive a formal response.

Algorithms bring substantial benefits to businesses and individuals able to use them effectively. However, increasing evidence suggests biases are – often unconsciously – making their way into algorithms and creating an uneven playing field.

The CDEI is the UK government’s advisory body on the responsible use of AI and data-driven technology. CDEI has spent the past two years examining the issue of algorithmic bias and how it can be tackled.

Adrian Weller, Board Member for the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, said:

“It is vital that we work hard now to get this right as adoption of algorithmic decision-making increases. Government, regulators, and industry need to work together with interdisciplinary experts, stakeholders, and the public to ensure that algorithms are used to promote fairness, not undermine it.

The Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation has today set out a range of measures to help the UK to achieve this, with a focus on enhancing transparency and accountability in decision-making processes that have a significant impact on individuals.

Not only does the report propose a roadmap to tackle the risks, but it highlights the opportunity that good use of data presents to address historical unfairness and avoid new biases in key areas of life.”

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #823 on: April 02, 2021, 11:19:35 pm »
I Lied.

Bump.

Little is heard from the implementation of AI.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #824 on: April 03, 2021, 12:47:12 am »
I Lied.

Bump.

Little is heard from the implementation of AI.

My AI can't understand a dang thing I say... A long way off from world domination if it can't understand, "Call mamma up on the telephone..."