Author Topic: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot  (Read 83019 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: They Asked if People Would Rather Kill a Human or a Sentient Robot
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2019, 11:39:01 pm »
Think of yourself as a new Navajo Code Talker.   22chief 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 22chief

I don't think of myself as that... But stupid friggin Google sure does.  :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2019, 11:39:44 pm »
Think of yourself as a new Navajo Code Talker.   22chief 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 22chief

ummmm....I think he said "Redneck" not "Redman".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2019, 11:42:11 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2019, 11:43:24 pm »
ummmm....I think he said "Redneck" not "Redman".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2019, 12:08:17 am »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:44 am »
Skoal longcut straight, for me.

Copenhagen original.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2019, 12:24:11 am »
Copenhagen original.

Spent a couple of high school years in NW Colorado. They would run a Pep Club bus to the out-of-town games. You could hitch a ride with the cheerleaders. One time, some of us were sitting in the back enjoying our Everclear infused oranges when the Cheerqueen came back and asked? "You guys got sumpin' to drink? I just swallered half my chew."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2019, 12:30:55 am »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2019, 01:53:39 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2019, 02:02:14 am »
Uh-oh...  **nononono*

Could be worse. Could be an eyeball.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #586 on: July 15, 2019, 02:23:57 am »
Could be worse. Could be an eyeball.

Oh, you saw that on NCIS?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #587 on: July 15, 2019, 02:37:27 am »
Oh, you saw that on NCIS?

Demolition Man.

Wesley Snipes and Sylvester Stallone.

The new stuff have "liveness" detection.  So ripping out an eyeball  wouldn't work to fool them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #588 on: July 15, 2019, 06:29:54 am »
Copenhagen original.
Grizzly Wintergreen, in the pouches to keep from having to pick it out of my teeth.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2019, 02:09:24 pm »
I'll bet you money it won't understand redneck.
Stupid friggin Google.

I've asked Siri to find "Chicken Fried Steak" and she said she didn't know what I was talking about.
I bias against us rednecks, to be sure.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #590 on: July 15, 2019, 03:00:30 pm »
Grizzly Wintergreen, in the pouches to keep from having to pick it out of my teeth.

I tried them pouches... I kinda need the floaters... nibbling on them is all the fun.
Also tried the Grizzly that mimics Cope, but went back... They had a cherry one I almost got onto. Tried pretty hard because it would save me some dough.

But nope. Cope.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #591 on: July 15, 2019, 03:03:17 pm »
I've asked Siri to find "Chicken Fried Steak" and she said she didn't know what I was talking about.
I bias against us rednecks, to be sure.

I know, right? How come I cant get an assistant with two first names, a sweet Southern drawl that calls me sugar and understands 'y'all' and 'fixin to'???

It is a bother.
 :beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »
I know, right? How come I cant get an assistant with two first names, a sweet Southern drawl that calls me sugar and understands 'y'all' and 'fixin to'???

It is a bother.

You definitely have a dilemma.
If you find one, go ahead and ask if she has a sister, if you don't mind.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #593 on: July 15, 2019, 03:17:57 pm »
"Hey Google... Call up mamma on the telephone..."

"I'm Sorry... Something went wrong"

'Hey Google... Text Bubba."

"Alright... Texting Bubba... What you you want to say?"

'Hey Bubba, I'm fixin to come on by. I'm on my way over to the Walgreens, Then over toward you, so maybe about 20 minutes... Y'all gonna be around?"

"I got "hey tubular, Amir fossil goat hair existential WALGREENS camel cheese Bonneville wombat yodel"   Do you want to send or repeat? "

"Never mind Google."

"I'm sorry. Something went wrong"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #594 on: July 15, 2019, 08:36:25 pm »
I tried them pouches... I kinda need the floaters... nibbling on them is all the fun.
Also tried the Grizzly that mimics Cope, but went back... They had a cherry one I almost got onto. Tried pretty hard because it would save me some dough.

But nope. Cope.  :shrug:
I have a thing against Copenhagen, personally.

Years ago, while bartending when the patch was slack, i got hardcore sucker-kissed by a gal who had a mouthful of it and she slipped me the tongue. Left me spitting out little bits of snoose for the rest of the night.
Aaack! Worst kiss ever, even if she'd been an 11 on the 1-10 scale (she wasn't close, not to be cruel, just the facts).

Just the smell brings up bad memories.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #595 on: July 15, 2019, 08:51:14 pm »
I have a thing against Copenhagen, personally.

Years ago, while bartending when the patch was slack, i got hardcore sucker-kissed by a gal who had a mouthful of it and she slipped me the tongue. Left me spitting out little bits of snoose for the rest of the night.
Aaack! Worst kiss ever, even if she'd been an 11 on the 1-10 scale (she wasn't close, not to be cruel, just the facts).

Just the smell brings up bad memories.

I actually had two girlfriends that chewed. My biggest complaint, in both cases, was getting in my freezer and 'sharing' from my rolls. I keep a fair supply laying around... Always have. I do not like being jittery driving into town for a can at 2 in the morning. In both cases, eventually, that's exactly what happened.

The thing is, only the one of em chewed Cope. The other did Skoal with cherry liquor added in.

Kinda like women 'sharing' off my plate - I think they do that as an exercise to prove trust.
There are better ways to do that, I would tell em, picking bit's of their hand from between my teeth...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2019, 09:04:43 pm »
Kinda like women 'sharing' off my plate - I think they do that as an exercise to prove trust.
There are better ways to do that, I would tell em, picking bit's of their hand from between my teeth...

We all have different ways of bonding with our mates.   :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2019, 09:10:57 pm »
We all have different ways of bonding with our mates.   :silly:

Hey, I don't even try that crap with my dog... Because the result would be the same.

🤣😁
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:12:14 pm by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2019, 02:00:26 am »
AI Drug Hunters Could Give Big Pharma a Run for Its Money

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwju2IfMq7jjAhUiIzQIHV2IDEoQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2Ffeatures%2F2019-07-15%2Fgoogle-ai-could-challenge-big-pharma-in-drug-discovery&usg=AOvVaw1AkjhAGGAitzHZ_ArsYOeT

By Robert Langreth
July 15, 2019, 5:00 AM MDT

Machine-learning technology has beaten humans at games of chess and Go to worldwide fanfare. A demonstration of its eerily lifelike prowess in making phone calls to unsuspecting people went viral.

But a less-noticed win for DeepMind, the artificial-intelligence arm of Google’s parent Alphabet Inc., at a biennial biology conference could upend how drugmakers find and develop new medicines. It could also dial up pressure on the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to prepare for a technological arms race. Already, a new breed of upstarts are jumping into the fray.

In December, at the CASP13 meeting in Riviera Maya, Mexico, DeepMind beat seasoned biologists at predicting the shapes of proteins, the basic building blocks of disease. The seemingly esoteric pursuit has serious implications: A tool that can accurately model protein structures could speed up the development of new drugs.

Alphabet’s DeepMind cracked a problem that long vexed biologists, heating up a technological arms race in health care

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2019, 02:02:34 am »
First Human Drug Developed Solely by AI Is a Vaccine

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwitxrGDrLjjAhXEuZ4KHfjiD4YQFjAAegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fthe-byte%2Ffirst-human-drug-ai-flu-vaccine&usg=AOvVaw3VRxNM8NAeinTMYF-febHG

Researchers often spend billions of dollars and countless hours developing new drugs, only for the vast majority to fail long before they reach human trials.

In recent years, some of those developers have started exploring ways to use artificial intelligence to help them discover new drugs. And now, one of those AIs has managed to develop a promising new flu vaccine — all by itself.